Tire Chain Alternatives

prhunter

May be a silly question but what do you all recommend (or not recommend) as an alternative to using tire chains???

Ryan2782

Are you looking for a temporary solution - if you were stuck and needed out? Or are you actually trying to replace chains for going down a road a mile to a few miles?

mtmuley

The ST Maxx makes KO2'S look like racing slicks in the snow. Just buy a set of chains. Cheap insurance. mtmuley

bushman13

The ST Maxx makes KO2'S look like racing slicks in the snow. Just buy a set of chains. Cheap insurance. mtmuley
I don't buy it for a second, I live at 8000ft with a long driveway. I was amazed at how the KO2's absolutely loved deep snow.

mtguy

I don't buy it for a second, I live at 8000ft with a long driveway. I was amazed at how the KO2's absolutely loved deep snow.
Oh! You have a long driveway..... well then. take was bushman says as gospel. Plus he lives at 8000 ft.

bushman13

Have not. Bridgestone Revo's, BFG MT's, BFG AT's and now BFG KO2's. I only pass on information. I went through an entire Colorado winter without calling the plow once, and I drive through about a half mile of no plow private property before I get up to my house. Amazing performance

Backofbeyond

If you're looking for an aid to get that extra little boost out of a hole because you didn't put your chains on early enough, get a set of MaxTrax. I've had a set for a couple years and wouldn't head to the woods without them. Mud, snow, sand, plus you can use them like a shovel for loose material.

A-5_Guy

Tire chains are great, and I have ST Maxxs, but without a shovel, I wasn't going anywhere. Now I always carry a shovel, hi-lift jack, and common sense.

Funny how knowing where the turkeys are will make you think, "ah, yeah, that shortcut looks doable..." This took 4-5 hours to dig out. I'm lucky I'm at least smart enough to carry an E-Tool (entrenching tool).

IMG_8544.jpg