MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Timing of tag release on Colorado leftovers

In case people haven’t figured it out yet, consistently getting a reissue tag from CO requires “scouting”, just like hunting does! Learn the regs/processes, practice using the website, learn how to be better/faster than others that are trying to get the same tag as you, and then for gods sake don’t go tell everyone in the world your secret then complain you can’t succeed anymore!

It’s the same as posting gps coordinates to where you find bulls every year on a CO OTC hunt. Go ahead and do it, get a few likes, and shoot yourself right in the foot.
I agree. You also can't get hung up on trying to get one specific, highly desired tag, or you're likely to be disappointed.

I average about a dozen "quota unavailable" messages every year before I end up finally being the quickest clicker.

I guess I missed it.. I never saw the tag I wanted pop up from the preview list. Oh well! Next week! Lol

In case people haven’t figured it out yet, consistently getting a reissue tag from CO requires “scouting”, just like hunting does! Learn the regs/processes, practice using the website, learn how to be better/faster than others that are trying to get the same tag as you, and then for gods sake don’t go tell everyone in the world your secret then complain you can’t succeed anymore!

It’s the same as posting gps coordinates to where you find bulls every year on a CO OTC hunt. Go ahead and do it, get a few likes, and shoot yourself right in the foot.
BINGO!!!!!!!

Some of you that insist on spoon feeding the world tips want to explain why, I don’t get it.

I think when you are a resident of the state or have multiple opportunities to travel to Colorado each year to hunt on more than one occasion it’s easier to grab anything you can off the list.

When you have 1 trip with a set aside time frame and you have to target 1 specific tag on the leftover list due to already being in that unit for another hunt I think it’s a little tougher.

If I wasn’t limited in hunting time and 1800 miles away I’d be getting anything I could just to be able to be in the woods.

Once I get the process mastered I’m going to make a “how to” tutorial for the masses that way everyone can get in on the leftovers action ;)
And then you'll complain to CPW that the process is BS because you can no longer get any tags.

And then you'll complain to CPW that the process is BS because you can no longer get any tags.
No complaints from me. That’s why they have OTC tags. Anything from the leftover list is just gravy. I have no issues with the current process.

I know how to use the site. I’m just targeting a very specific tag and haven’t been successful.

I returned two limited Bear muzzleloader tags for GMUs 35 and 55. Should see them listed next week.

I respect your willingness to contribute, Highly So; however, I don't believe it's a lack of insight that is creating the problems many of us have experienced. Several of us are highly skilled at navigating these sites and following system processes. Their system is glitchy as a 2 year old rangefinder battery. When you hear several people say they were logged in then directed to a page they shouldn't have been when completing their purchase, that's not a user error. The technology is twitchy as bucks tail Brother.

Once I get the process mastered I’m going to make a “how to” tutorial for the masses that way everyone can get in on the leftovers action ;)
Hey don't put Randy in that light, DQ won't have any food left during season. People are funny. Territorialists and Limit Makers forget that application is almost everything. Creativity is infinite. The need for adapation and flexability is constant. This doesn't mean I don't frown on spoon feeding and deny the skill of DISCRETION. Self-sufficiency is a hunting community value that should be Championed.

Attempt #4 at getting the tag I had a 92% chance to draw originally ... failed again. I tried to buy it at 11:00:12am but I think it was actually there BEFORE 11am, as the leftover list generated at 10:58am showed it.

I ran 3 other codes through just to see, and none were available.
So when I called CPW they said on 8-10 they had a glitch in their system that “accidentally” released all the tags 10 minutes early! What a joke

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back