Time for Land Tawney to step down?

Too many people,just as BF said.
I have done my part to achieve zero population growth & tried to leave as small an impact as possible. I also have always had a scientific mind,IMHO. Did not read comic books.I read books on nature.
Does not take much to wipe out whole spieces on this old planet.

I've only been a member for 1 year, but will strongly consider renewing after I read more into this issue--as I did after reading BHA's stance to the BWCA and mining nearby;
As sytes mentioned, I just want BHA to be the organization that stands for public lands in public hands

Some interesting debate here. I'm in the middle - surely humans are having impacts on this planet - but to what degree and in what ways, I'm not positive, and I don't think anyone really knows for sure. Things are definitely changing, but getting to one isolated cause is more difficult. I believe we need to work on other sources of energy, and we definitely need to consider the impact of all sources of energy. I do also believe this has become a political football, and so I'm suspect of the motivations of some people, where they get their money and what their goals might be.

Consider this: at one point, several hundred years ago, the smartest people of the time believed the earth was flat. They were wrong. In a couple hundred years, we will learn things that call into question the science of today. That will be interesting, though I have no idea which direction that may take the climate change discussion. I'm not saying today's scientists are wrong - based on current understanding, they are not wrong. But science is always evolving, and the future may hold new understanding of things.

As to whether BHA should be supporting wind/solar on public lands, I believe they should not. Wind/solar might be "cleaner" but there are other issues, as have been pointed out, like the need for materials to build wind turbines or solar panels. Acquiring those materials isn't devoid of impact. Nothing is free.

I do believe BHA should be working to ensure energy developers (of every sort) are responsible for cleaning up after themselves on public land. Period.

Ryan Callahan talks about trail diplomacy a lot. As we have read in here there are a lot of guys all over the stratosphere on climate change, political affiliation, beliefs, etc.

But we all are here. We all are here because Fin breaks it down quite simply, celebrating the gift that public Land is.

That means the flat trimmers, tatted up, Subaru driver, diesel owner, super mag shooter, fly rod holder.

When BHA leadership goes from "public LAND in public hands" to telling half his members to pound sand, he is no longer fit to lead the group.

He is the leader. The buck stops with him.

I would hope someone with ties might point out that there is this thread. Not by Mike Lee. Not Dan Berman. Not Exxon.

Guys who are/were members who 100% support BHA mission statement are leaving and are pissed because his leadership has strayed.

Simple question. Is being the leader of some group of yes men more important, or is keeping public lands in public hands more important.?

Guys who are/were members who 100% support BHA mission statement are leaving and are pissed because his leadership has strayed.

Except for a very few on this forum, I have heard of NO one leaving BHA. In fact I hear more joining daily. I am 45 minutes from the BHA HQ. I have been to their brewfest a few times., There are so many folks there you get parched waiting for a beer. Maybe this thing isn't such a thing. I'm involved with sportsmen groups across the state the only grumbling I have heard is right here by a few and of course the elected extreme right green decoy spinners.

Is there?

In what way does that disprove the fact that the data was cherry picked in the graph I originally commented on?

Except for a very few on this forum, I have heard of NO one leaving BHA. In fact I hear more joining daily. I am 45 minutes from the BHA HQ. I have been to their brewfest a few times., There are so many folks there you get parched waiting for a beer. Maybe this thing isn't such a thing. I'm involved with sportsmen groups across the state the only grumbling I have heard is right here by a few and of course the elected extreme right green decoy spinners.

So there are lines at the beer tap and that proves that everyone is good.

I know otherwise. I know of founding members in other states that have PM me stating they've left. I know leadership folks who have as well. I won't name them here, but there are guys here that know what im saying is right.

My local furniture store does free hotdogs on Saturday. The line out front doesn't equal satisfaction with company CEO.

I'm 46. I graduated college in 98. Im Not looking for a fraternity.

In what way does that disprove the fact that the data was cherry picked in the graph I originally commented on?

Further elaborated in post 172. You have 5 independent organizations showing what you describe, but in the overall scheme of things, it's going up.

That being said, climate change is probably something BHA should be concerned with, but I'm not sure it should be a cornerstone of discussion.

@hossblur I have rarely seen someone on this forum try to pass off opinion for fact more than you. You clearly have a bias and an agenda. You didn't start this to ask the opinion but to voice one. You're blatantly going out of your way to make any issues with BHA seem bigger than they are just to try to, in turn, actually make them bigger. It's pretty similar to the Green Decoy agenda and campaign. Does Berman send you a Christmas bonus for you efforts?

Further elaborated in post 172. You have 5 independent organizations showing what you describe, but in the overall scheme of things, it's going up.

That being said, climate change is probably something BHA should be concerned with, but I'm not sure it should be a cornerstone of discussion.
And that has exactly zero to do with the fact of the cherry picked data...

Agreed.

WTH did I say that?
Well if you you believe its an issue we can deal with, you surely have a solution right? And a company ready to receive funding to fight against it right? i apologize for picking on your specific post, but I'm just trying to make the point that it isn't a climate issue that is near at hand, it is a global human population issue that is well at hand, and I for one would rather never see the cure for that issue. Best we can do as a species is adapt and overcome. Paving public lands with solar panels and wind turbines won't change much.

I work in the renewable energy industry and spent two years of my career on the construction of a solar project spanning 4,000 some acres of BLM land. I'm a BHA member and independent voter that has voted for my fair share of red and blue politicians. Between the hypocrisy in cherry picking only renewable development on public lands and their chicken shit tip-toeing around predator issues, I'm going to have a real hard time renewing my membership. They are making it a hell of a lot harder to discredit the green decoy smear campaigns.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back