Time for Land Tawney to step down?

Well if you you believe its an issue we can deal with, you surely have a solution right? And a company ready to receive funding to fight against it right? i apologize for picking on your specific post, but I'm just trying to make the point that it isn't a climate issue that is near at hand, it is a global human population issue that is well at hand, and I for one would rather never see the cure for that issue. Best we can do as a species is adapt and overcome. Paving public lands with solar panels and wind turbines won't change much.

Instead of apologizing, don't be a dick in the first place. Where did I say it's an issue we can deal with? You are putting words in my mouth I've never spoken.

I absolutely think our actions as humans on this planet are and will impact wildlife populations, such as increase with frost free days and moose populations. However, contrary to your assumptions, I don't have a solution. Nor do I have a company ready to fight against it. I guarantee you've never once seen me proclaim myself and expert on either energy development or technology. I have layman's knowledge and opinions at best.

Between the hypocrisy in cherry picking only renewable development on public lands and their chicken shit tip-toeing around predator issues,

Ironically enough, I'm glad BHA is staying out of predator issues. I don't think it's remotely relevant to their mission. At all. And I agree in that I disagree with developing public land for wind farms, but not oil wells. There should be no difference. Loss of land is loss of land.

Instead of apologizing, don't be a dick in the first place. Where did I say it's an issue we can deal with? You are putting words in my mouth I've never spoken.

I absolutely think our actions as humans on this planet are and will impact wildlife populations, such as increase with frost free days and moose populations. However, contrary to your assumptions, I don't have a solution. Nor do I have a company ready to fight against it. I guarantee you've never once seen me proclaim myself and expert on either energy development or technology. I have layman's knowledge and opinions at best.
Nah, its too much fun being a Richard. You said the moose populations are impacting wildlife, with the frost free days and all, so what do you propose we do about it, in laymans terms of course.

Nah, its too much fun being a Richard. You said the moose populations are impacting wildlife, with the frost free days and all, so what do you propose we do about it, in laymans terms of course.

Out of respect for Big Fin, I'm stepping out of this debate.

Humans will always cause pollution. Alternatives aren't always the best alternatives. Alternatives have environmental consequences of their own. As Buzz said much earlier in the thread, there seems to be no consideration as to what happens to the turbines and solar farms long term. That would be my biggest drawback about using public lands. Those farms could turn out to be the future Superfund sites if we aren't careful. I do know that we have made pretty great strides in cleaning up our water, air and soil but there is always room for more improvement.

I couldn’t agree with you more. I think Superfund site MAY be an exaggeration, but I think your underlying premise is spot on. There would be a lot of sad irony in BHA being directly tied to hasty, presumptuous, and poorly thought out renewable development on public land in the name of furthering green energy.

I couldn’t agree with you more. I think Superfund site MAY be an exaggeration, but I think your underlying premise is spot on. There would be a lot of sad irony in BHA being directly tied to hasty, presumptuous, and poorly thought out renewable development on public land in the name of furthering green energy.
Yeah Superfund was for shock value:). I'd like to hope we've became smart enough to avoid any newly created Superfund sites but I wonder.

Well if you you believe its an issue we can deal with, you surely have a solution right? And a company ready to receive funding to fight against it right? i apologize for picking on your specific post, but I'm just trying to make the point that it isn't a climate issue that is near at hand, it is a global human population issue that is well at hand, and I for one would rather never see the cure for that issue. Best we can do as a species is adapt and overcome. Paving public lands with solar panels and wind turbines won't change much.
man doesn't need to worry about overpopulating the planet. we have the means to lower it . maybe not the will yet , but I suspect we'll get there .all we need is another WW. the next one will take out billions. problem solved.

even if we don't , nature will eventually cure that issue

you picked em when you posted on them.

yes . but so what if they are? that's a good thing.

man doesn't need to worry about overpopulating the planet. we have the means to lower it . maybe not the will yet , but I suspect we'll get there .all we need is another WW. the next one will take out billions. problem solved.

Ok, now I understand.

My bets on influenza, or some other zoonotic disease. The Spanish flu had more casualties than both sides in WWII.

If your strategy for saving the planet is something akin to Thanos, you should probably look to Miles City native Maurice Hilleman for all your woes. He probably did more to overpopulate the planet than any other human in history.

My bets on influenza, or some other zoonotic disease. The Spanish flu had more casualties than both sides in WWII.

If your strategy for saving the planet is something akin to Thanos, you should probably look to Miles City native Maurice Hilleman for all your woes. He probably did more to overpopulate the planet than any other human in history.

...had to look him up, thought he might've been an NBA player.

@hossblur I have rarely seen someone on this forum try to pass off opinion for fact more than you. You clearly have a bias and an agenda. You didn't start this to ask the opinion but to voice one. You're blatantly going out of your way to make any issues with BHA seem bigger than they are just to try to, in turn, actually make them bigger. It's pretty similar to the Green Decoy agenda and campaign. Does Berman send you a Christmas bonus for you efforts?

Obviously I'm Dan Berman because I dared criticize the dear leader. You did not see me one time call for BHA dissolution, nor break up. You didn't see me name any other name than Lands.

But I'm obviously a green decoy.

I sit here in Utah and watch everyday dudes do great work. They bust ass, they care. And they wear $fw hats.

Every time I talk to them I ask the same question. "WTF do you allow a couple dudes at the top to totally screw you guts, and work against what you believe in"?

Almost to a man you get the shoulder shrug. A couple I know that are higher up repeated EXACTLY what BHA is claiming.

"You have to be at the table".

But Land, like Don Peay, doesn't want to talk about WHAT IT COST TO GET THE SEAT.

So. YOU TELL ME, what separates encouraging "renewable" development from oil/gas development. In a lot of cases it's the same companies doing both.

So what is the difference in a cement pad, roads, fences, transmission lines in "renewables" vs traditional?

11 pages in, NO ONE can seem to explain a difference OTHER than virtue signalling.

And be honest. You can't either.

And there ain't a single word in the BHA mission statement about virtue signalling.

Whether I'm John Muir or Dan Berman,

THATS THE SIMPLE FACT.

BHA is straying from that mission, it's lead by one guy, thus that guy should answer for it.

I'm not a crip or a blood. Not a R or D. Im simply from the Party of hunting, fishing, public land. And I got NO problem being an equal opportunity offender.

Actually, it's led by a board of directors I believe. Have you contacted them?
If'n I was Hoss and this disgruntled I would have quietly turned in MY BHA decoder ring and joined SFW. At my age I'm too old to get to get bent about something I can not change. It would have also saved 11 pages of Fin's bandwidth. (I may not know what bandwidth really is or if it can be saved)

YOU TELL ME, what separates encouraging "renewable" development from oil/gas development.

BHA is straying from that mission, it's lead by one guy, thus that guy should answer for it.
Both of those have been refuted in several posts, but your bias isn't able to see either.

Cold water angler do give a shit about prioritizing renewable energy over O&G, you keep forgetting there's an "A" in BHA.

Land does not lead anything, he's a cheerleader for the things his directors tell him are worthy and his board wants him to support/pursue.

Call up Mr. Busse if you want to chat with a "like-minded" board member on renewable energy vs O&G.

But honestly you should just quit sending them a check. At this point you're just shooting holes in the bottom of the boat. For every one of "you" that quits, two more sign up.

Actually, it's led by a board of directors I believe. Have you contacted them?

Yup. Got the same Press release everyone else did in return from TRCP. Same one they sent my chapter head. Same one they sent everyone who questioned.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back