Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Time for hunters to make a stand

mfb99

It is now apparent the position of the new administration in regards to the environment and public lands.

All of us who love the outdoors, hunters, fishermen, hikers, bikers etc. are at a critical point in the history of our country. Regardless of our political disposition, we now have a decision to make.

Will we stand in front of the bulldozer or will we stand aside and watch our heritage be destroyed?

For me, I have made the decision to resist.

I will call my congressional leaders, I will give money to the causes that protect our lands. I will monitor legislation and action that could do harm. I will find like minded people and groups to counter the assault.

And yes, if it comes to it, I will stand in front of the bulldozer.

I encourage all who are part of this forum to start to think about which side of the bulldozer they will be on.

When public lands are gone, they are gone. When the environment is spoiled, it is spoiled. There is no going back.

Mark

Agree 100%. We must be thinking the same at the same time as I started a thread very similar to this. Action needs to be taken, and this needs to truly be a "fight" for the foreseeable future.

It is now apparent the position of the new administration in regards to the environment and public lands.

All of us who love the outdoors, hunters, fishermen, hikers, bikers etc. are at a critical point in the history of our country. Regardless of our political disposition, we now have a decision to make.

Will we stand in front of the bulldozer or will we stand aside and watch our heritage be destroyed?

For me, I have made the decision to resist.

I will call my congressional leaders, I will give money to the causes that protect our lands. I will monitor legislation and action that could do harm. I will find like minded people and groups to counter the assault.

And yes, if it comes to it, I will stand in front of the bulldozer.

I encourage all who are part of this forum to start to think about which side of the bulldozer they will be on.

When public lands are gone, they are gone. When the environment is spoiled, it is spoiled. There is no going back.

Mark

What are you talking about?

Troy Rushton

What are you talking about?

Troy Rushton

Based on the positions of the far right, the fact that they now own congress, and the fact that we have a President who certainly won't be one to stand up to them on issues related to conservation and public lands, I'm not sure where one could even start.

Based on the positions of the far right, the fact that they now own congress, and the fact that we have a President who certainly won't be one to stand up to them on issues related to conservation and public lands, I'm not sure where one could even start.

So hypothetical hysteria.

Troy Rushton

I took a little hiatus from posting last spring and then logged back in after the election, thinking that every thread might not be a bunch of liberal hysteria.

I guess I was wrong.

Time to hit the other sites again, I guess.

Let's just give the new President some time. He is only in his first full week in office. He did more for the country in the weeks preceding the inauguration than Obama did during his failed 8 year run. The liberal media and Hollywood elite will be blasting Trump for the next four years. What happened to all those actors and actresses who were going to move to Canada if Trump won. I'll gladly send a contribution for their airfare and a one way ticket !!!! Just more grand-standing from the extreme left.

Let's just give the new President some time. He is only in his first full week in office. He did more for the country in the weeks preceding the inauguration than Obama did during his failed 8 year run.

I keep seeing, what exactly did Trump do in those weeks?

Duke: You are correct, the push to transfer public lands by the far right has been purely hypothetical. The anti-conservation agenda by the far right has also been purely hypothetical.

And I could care less about right, left, or any of that. If the other side was pursuing these things, I would be bashing them as well.

Let's just give the new President some time. He is only in his first full week in office. He did more for the country in the weeks preceding the inauguration than Obama did during his failed 8 year run. The liberal media and Hollywood elite will be blasting Trump for the next four years. What happened to all those actors and actresses who were going to move to Canada if Trump won. I'll gladly send a contribution for their airfare and a one way ticket !!!! Just more grand-standing from the extreme left.

At what point will you be satisfied that he has been give. Enough time?

At what point will you become disapproving of his actions? What are you looking for?

I guess I was wrong.

Time to hit the other sites again, I guess.

Being wrong must be just as comfortable as an echo chamber for you. But they feed on each other so it's understandable.

Evidence this place is good for you is this first post of yours where you are right on both counts. But that's selfish of me. Please stay and allow it to keep working.

Believe what you want. My guess is there may have been 3 million reasons. And that is a good number.

I know my daughter had a pretty good reason that she spent her Saturday traveling and marching.

I have three grownup daughters and a wife who didn't march. I kept out of it, but the conversation between those three and my wife was wildly amusing at Sunday dinner, laughing at all the characters with their signs.

Oh, hopefully your daughter didn't dress up like genitalia, Cuervo...

Back