Time for hunters to make a stand

I see so many people who are so passionate about their candidate spending hours typing away and pontificating their opinions.

And there probably hasn't been a single vote changed by anyone on this site.

Opposition to liberals handing out money is not the way I read the Middle American support for Trump. I saw it as a populist uprising against power in bed with the banksters and the 1%. That is a non-partisan position that Trump and Sanders were in agreement on. Funny how Trump's populist speech *after* inauguration was limited to bashing Washington and left the banksters and the 1% (the owners of Washington), out of his ire.

As I believe you correctly stated in the past... somewhere around inauguration time, the president is told about who is really in charge, and his demeanor changes a bit.

As I believe you correctly stated in the past... somewhere around inauguration time, the president is told about who is really in charge, and his demeanor changes a bit.

I wonder what they say? I'd love to be a fly on the wall. Is it a physical threat or a logical argument? If the latter, then I don't see why they don't let us in on it. Must be physical.

I see so many people who are so passionate about their candidate spending hours typing away and pontificating their opinions.

And there probably hasn't been a single vote changed by anyone on this site.

And you make that claim based on .....?

FWIW, I can assure people here that votes have been changed by the work of people on this site, many votes. I've been told that by folks who cast votes and their staffs. I know many who lurk on Hunt Talk and comments here catch the attention of a LOT of policy leaders in State Capitols and in DC.

FWIW, I can assure people here that votes have been changed by the work of people on this site, many votes. I've been told that by folks who cast votes and their staffs. I know many who lurk on Hunt Talk and comments here catch the attention of a LOT of policy leaders in State Capitols and in DC.

The claim is certainly not made on measurable facts. I guess I just am worn out reading the "your candidate stinks" no..."your candidate stinks". Sorry for insinuating no progress has been made...just sometimes it sure seems we are spinning our wheels.

The claim is certainly not made on measurable facts. I guess I just am worn out reading the "your candidate stinks" no..."your candidate stinks". Sorry for insinuating no progress has been made...just sometimes it sure seems we are spinning our wheels.

Like you, I am completely over the "your candidate stinks worse than mine." That tactic allows one to intellectually remove himself/herself from actually mental task of analyzing the challenges and considering possible solutions; it's a cop out. I'm completely tired of it. It is very frustrating, draining, counter productive; the equivalent of the second graders on the playground saying, "My dad can beat up your dad."

Hang in there. Have a beer, step away for awhile, and know that whatever you do toward progress, it isn't spinning of the wheels, even when it seems that way.

Thank you Randy. Most of us here don't know what goes on behind closed doors, so it's good to hear that we are making a difference.

I wish people on this site would realize that we are on the same team and we have a common goal. Fellow hunters are not the ones we should be lashing out at.

I took a little hiatus from posting last spring and then logged back in after the election, thinking that every thread might not be a bunch of liberal hysteria.

I guess I was wrong.

Time to hit the other sites again, I guess.

I've actually wondered if some people on here are members of anti-gun, anti-hunting, anti-multiple use groups. That said there are lots of great people willing to help each other.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've actually wondered if some people on here are members of anti-gun, anti-hunting, anti-multiple use groups. That said there are lots of great people willing to help each other.

Hey duke: what do you think of the bill introduced by Chaffetz? Or is that just some more "hypothetical hysteria"?

I've actually wondered if some people on here are members of anti-gun, anti-hunting, anti-multiple use groups.

Perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board...

I'm often humbled by the amount of knowledge found here, there isn't a hunting board anywhere that's even close in comparison.

If you can find a board with more good hunters, that are as deeply involved in the politics of public lands, wildlife, etc. than this, I suggest you post there.

Good luck with that...

Perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever read on this board...

I'm often humbled by the amount of knowledge found here, there isn't a hunting board anywhere that's even close in comparison.

If you can find a board with more good hunters, that are as deeply involved in the politics of public lands, wildlife, etc. than this, I suggest you post there.

Good luck with that...

Read the second sentence! Then look up satire.

Noticed today in the paper Wyoming has a $360M budget shortfall in your education budget due to downturn in energy business. Didn't you once state Wyoming's economic problems and associated out migration would enhance your drawing odds? Probably just your form of satire and not a narrow green view of the world and balance of environmental rules and land use.

Troy Rushton

I am just happy that Jose` Cuervo will soon be deported and that all of those liberal women will be put back in the kitchen to make us some sammiches for the super bowl. They should have never been given the right to vote but we can't turn the clock back. Keep in mind that we have many people who work for the federal government on here and they have a right to be nervous when Trump says to cut 20%. I doubt we will see much agreement on politics here other than the public land and access issues but have at it.

Read the second sentence! Then look up satire.

Noticed today in the paper Wyoming has a $360M budget shortfall in your education budget due to downturn in energy business. Didn't you once state Wyoming's economic problems and associated out migration would enhance your drawing odds? Probably just your form of satire and not a narrow green view of the world and balance of environmental rules and land use.

Troy Rushton

Sorry, I'm not going to satisfy some Utah version of manifest destiny in Wyoming by sacrificing every acre of my public land to your "multiple use" doctrine.

You can thank guys like me later for not allowing your politicians in Utah to rob you of your federal public lands there. Maybe you can get lucky and buy the next piece of State public land that hits the chopping block in Utah...If you're really lucky, maybe it will border my public lands.

Last edited:
Sorry, I'm not going to satisfy some Utah version of manifest destiny in Wyoming by sacrificing every acre of my public land to your "multiple use" doctrine.

You can thank guys like me later for not allowing your politicians in Utah to rob you of your federal public lands there. Maybe you can get lucky and buy the next piece of State public land that hits the chopping block in Utah...If you're really lucky, maybe it will border my public lands.

True elitist scare terms "every acres", "rob you", chopping block". Good multiple use balances people and protection.

Troy Rushton

Hows that "good multiple use balance" working on the 2.7 million acres of state land that Utah has sold?

You getting some good "multiple use" out of that?

Those facts a bit too much of an "elitist scare term" for you?

Your politicians in Utah are not interested in multiple use anything...they're interested in robbing every American of their birthright of public lands so they can be sold to the highest bidder. That's another fact.

I wish trump would build that wall where its needed most...around Utah.

Hows that "good multiple use balance" working on the 2.7 million acres of state land that Utah has sold?

You getting some good "multiple use" out of that?

Those facts a bit too much of an "elitist scare term" for you?

Your politicians in Utah are not interested in multiple use anything...they're interested in robbing every American of their birthright of public lands so they can be sold to their Mormon cultists pals they owe political favors to. That's another fact.

I wish trump would build that wall where its needed most...around Utah.

Had to fix an error Buzz made where he falsely claimed they're interested in the taxpayer getting the highest value possible from the land.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tomcat1984
Back