Tikka T3

I've had four total. .338 win mag, shot great, traded in and out for S&G. Had a superlight in 7mm-08 that couldn't shoot, sent in, bough back by the factory. Yep, an actual tikka lemon. Go figure.

Currently holding onto a SS T3 lite in 7mm-08, smooth, good accuracy, and a blued T3 lite 1/8 .223 that is my truck rifle, and an absolute beater, and it shoots lights out, 40 gr bullets up to 70 gr. With 65 gr. GK's, it's a deer killing machine.

I'll probably pick up another superlight this spring, probably in .308 win. I like them.

I have a 22-250 and a 7mm rem mag, both a T3 lite blued. Both shoot extremely good. 1/2 inch or less at 100 yards. I had a 25/06 in a T3 lite that would not shoot, sent back to the factory, they sent a new one. It would not shoot either, traded that one in for another brand.

Great thing about them is they cater to the left handed crowd.

I bought a lefty stainless lite in .308 last year for my moose hunt. Shoots tight groups and the action is nice and smooth and it's nice and light too. Got the job done putting down my moose.

When I bought it the dealer reminded me of something I'd read earlier about the factory scope rings being sub par so I upgraded to some aftermarket ones.

I have a stainless lite in 270 WSM. Shoots great with most factory ammo, lights out with hand loads.

I loved mine in 7mm mag t3 lite, blued, for hunting, target shooting not so much. Shot a half dozen different 140 and 150 grain bullets into 3-4" shotgun pattern, anything over 160 you could cover with a quarter. At the time I wanted a gun that was a little more fun to shoot, sold it instead of trading, now I kinda wish I had worked a little harder to make it shoot softer since I'm a sensitive kind of guy:)

Dad has one. The only thing I don't like is it doesn't have a bolt release lever or a 3 position safety. So to unload it, you have to put the safety into the fire position. Since most of my hunting/shooting will be done around kids for the foreseeable future, that was a deal breaker for me and I went with a Sako A7.

Dad really likes his though.

I have two lefty stainless T3s. One .270 and one 30-06. Both are awesome. I've killed antelope, deer, and an elk with them. They're more accurate than I'll ever be.

Just bought a T3 in .308 win. Put a Leupold VX-3i 3.5x10 CDS scope and talley rings on it yesterday. Pat at Predator Optics got me a great deal on the scope. Hoping to load up some rounds and shoot it in the next couple of weeks.

Seems all I ever hear about a Tikka's functionality is good...have to admit the 3x's glossys look nice, especially the Hunter SF.

I bought a T3 lite stainless in 7-08, but so far the accuracy hasn't been as good as I expected. I'm still working with the rifle and have found that rounds loaded closer to the lands (unfortunately too long for the magazine) showed more promise. If the long loads prove accurate, I'll have to look into modifying for the longer length.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back