Tikka .300 WM ?

I BOUGHT A T3X LITE IN SS. No brake. I put on a SS pic rail and AICS box mag. I also have a 34mm tactical that isn’t heavy but it isn’t light. With stock pack about 9lbs unloaded. I switched the recoil pad out of the box to a limbsaver standard model. Very pleasant to shoot and is stable. I can shoot it all day long at the range and not even get a stiff shoulder....very nice and easy shooter.

I just bought a Tikka T3x superlite in 300 win mag. It is a donor rifle for my next project. More pictures to come.

blacksheep

Attachments

• Tikka-T3x-Superlite 300 win mag.png
    Tikka-T3x-Superlite 300 win mag.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 11
What do y’all think between a Remington 5R Gen 2 in .308 and the Tikka T3X Lite Roughtech Ember .308?

I was dead set on the Remington until I held the Tikka and with the issues Rem has been having over the past decade it’s got me leaning towards the T3X now.

Have newer Tikka T3X Roughtech in 300wsm. with the issued little brake and limbsaver, the recoil does not bother me. That said it was enough to break a Vortex Viper PST which I moved from my tikka t3x CTR in 6.5 creed. Was on there for 5 years no issue, after three shots on the wsm lost focus. Before the scope broke clover leafed 2 at 100 yards, following one at 20 yards to make sure boresighting was close.

Have newer Tikka T3X Roughtech in 300wsm. with the issued little brake and limbsaver, the recoil does not bother me. That said it was enough to break a Vortex Viper PST which I moved from my tikka t3x CTR in 6.5 creed. Was on there for 5 years no issue, after three shots on the wsm lost focus. Before the scope broke clover leafed 2 at 100 yards, following one at 20 yards to make sure boresighting was close.
You must have gotten a good one..

I remember when cabelas used to have a bargain cave, the one by home had a nearly full optics case of refurbished gen 1 viper PSTs for sale at one point.

"a good one" in that it lasted 5 years.
If a company is famous for their warranty, then it isn't going to be famous for back country hunts. To it's credit it made it through one Alaska hunt and 5 years of mountain hunts.
I'll warranty it and put it back as a simple whitetail and prairie gun

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back