Tikka .300 WM ?

802flyfish

Looking to add a .300 WM as I already own a .308 Tikka T3X SS. Anyone with first hand experience on T3x LITE ROUGHTECH EMBER or T3x LITE VEIL ALPINE?

I’ve never owned a rifle with a Muzzle break.

Looking to add a .300 WM as I already own a .308 Tikka T3X SS. Anyone with first hand experience on T3x LITE ROUGHTECH EMBER or T3x LITE VEIL ALPINE?

I’ve never owned a rifle with a Muzzle break.

I like shooting it more with the brake, I like hunting without the brake. They come with a thread protector so you can easily remove the brake.

I really like my veil.

I had a T3 in 300WM. It was on the verge of being unpleasant to shoot even with a limbsaver pad. I’m sure with the brake either of those models will considerably milder to shoot. They look good too. Buy it.

I shoot a Roughtech in 300 WM (bought last summer) and I absolutely love shooting it. The brake is very functional and if you have a T3 already you will be very familiar. I installed the vertical pistol grip and had it cerakoted in burnt bronze ( I also thought about waiting for the ember/stainless but came to this solution) Here are some pics of Simo.....I highly recommend the Mountain Tactical rail as it has the recoil lug integrated. The shots seen were as follows....3 shots touching were my zero group, I adjusted down to the one lower right and then to dead center. This is with Nosler 180gr Ballistic Tips.

ps I will say that the brake is loud.....my first shot hunting w/o ear pro rang my bell pretty well ;)

Attachments

• 20210731_141731.jpg
    20210731_141731.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 69
  • burnt bronze.jpg
    burnt bronze.jpg
    691.2 KB · Views: 51
  • Zero.jpg
    Zero.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
  • unnamed (7).jpg
    unnamed (7).jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 60
  • 20211211_095652.jpg
    20211211_095652.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 62

I like shooting it more with the brake, I like hunting without the brake. They come with a thread protector so you can easily remove the brake.

I really like my veil.
Do get any POI change when switching between the brake and thread protector?

It is coming. They released in Europe last year(first time I saw it I called the sales rep and he hem hawed about it)... shoot show here this year. We are waiting to get our first at Scheels.

First time I shot a MB’d rifle while hunting, I thought I got struck by lightning! I was so discombobulated, it took me a good five minutes to get squared away again. One shot is all it took, now I have twenty foamies in my bino harness. That will never happen again!

Agreed, hearing protection goes in before I even think of squeezing the trigger on a gun with a brake.

At the range I use plugs and muffs. Only have one gun with a brake, Vanguard in 6.5-300 Weatherby
Shot in the field for the first time this past year with the brake. It was wide open prairie. Used only foam plugs and really didn't notice extreme sound.

Back