PEAX Equipment

New Tikka Veil Wideland .300 win mag

AvidIndoorsman

Since western fish and game agencies decided my money was no good, I decided it was time to get a new rifle. Wanted something that I could develop one load for and then use for everything from black tail to moose/bison (if the draw gods favor me).

Tikka Veil Wideland, 1-10 twist, leupold vx3HD, talley low rings.

Only powder that I could find was 7828ssc. Bullets 181 grain shock hammers. 3 shot group is 76 grains, 2 shot group is 75 grains, both at 100 yards. Case is pretty close to capacity with 76.

1625841004919.png

1625841109173.png

Last edited:
An outside gun pic in Boston!? Living on the edge! Doesn't that thing need a trigger lock, chamber lock and a Dunkin Kruller stuffed in the bore in order to be out of the safe!?

Nice rifle. Looks like accuracy will not be an issue...

For $20 you might give the vertical grip insert a try. I personally prefer it substantially.
Same! I added a Mountain Tactical bottom metal, bolt handle, and billet clip too. This stiffened it up and I’m grouping under a 1/2 inch with Hornaday ammo. I like that you can buy shims to lengthen the stock. They’re pricey for what they are, but… I’m tall, and added 2. Have you adjusted the trigger? It’s super easy and I love mine. It is crisp, no creep, and light at 2.5 pounds. I added a Hornaday cheek piece to make alignment money.

Same! I added a Mountain Tactical bottom metal, bolt handle, and billet clip too. This stiffened it up and I’m grouping under a 1/2 inch with Hornaday ammo. I like that you can buy shims to lengthen the stock. They’re pricey for what they are, but… I’m tall, and added 2. Have you adjusted the trigger? It’s super easy and I love mine. It is crisp, no creep, and light at 2.5 pounds. I added a Hornaday cheek piece to make alignment money.
Haven’t adjusted it yet, saw the YouTube video and how easy it is though.

Yes I agree, they are a crisp trigger and easy to adjust. I prefer mine around 1.5# so I've always swapped out lighter springs for them, which is also cheap and easy.

Since western fish and game agencies decided my money was no good, I decided it was time to get a new rifle. Wanted something that I could develop one load for and then use for everything from black tail to moose/bison (if the draw gods favor me).

Tikka Veil Wideland, 1-10 twist, leupold vx3HD, talley low rings.

Only powder that I could find was 7828ssc. Bullets 181 grain shock hammers. 3 shot group is 76 grains, 2 shot group is 75 grains, both at 100 yards. Case is pretty close to capacity with 76.

View attachment 187803

View attachment 187805
Are those really 1-10 twist?? The one thing that always kept me from buying a tikka was for some reason I thought that all their 30 cals were 1-11 twist

When you guys with real man's rifles talk about how much powder goes in a case I do a double take.

Does MA have extra special rules about suppressors? I know it comes w/ a brake, just curious on the suppressor.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back