Ticks

They are horrible this spring so far. I’ve picked several out already from turkey hunting. The boy had 3 embedded the other day from playing in the yard.

Didn't see any turkey hunting in Nebraska the weekend after Easter, but I was in northern Michigan this past Saturday and sat down to attempt to call in a gobbler and stood back up after I counted 12 crawling on me, gun, and the call that was sitting in the grass. Only took 5 minutes.

My city lot that backs up to a park has also already been sprayed because the wife found ticks on the dog and ticks inside the house. They're the worst I've ever seen.

PERMETHRIN !!

I would use 4 or 5 bottles a year if I purchased the Sawyer bottles. Farm and ranch store vet supply permethrin diluted properly comes in a significant savings.

I haven’t had an attached tick since I started using it.
I eat lots of garlic and never have any crawling on me. No women crawling on me either, so I consider that a tangential benefit 😂. The dog doesn’t seem to mind.

Was taking a shower last night, went to wash my the back of my leg and felt something weird, grabbed and pulled thinking it was just some unknown substance entangled in my leg hairs that I had maybe picked up somewhere. I mean I got kids, and I am a contractor, could have been anything, jellybean, playdough, some dry silicone or caulking, epoxy, mud from hunting. who knows? Nope! to my surprise it had little legs and immediately tried burrowing in to my finger…. Yiiiikes! I won’t say it was a scream, but my wife said she thought I was having a heart attack. First thought was the ar with green tips, no better yet the the Beneli with some 2 1/4 oz #4 diamond shot, but eventually she talked me down and I settled on just severing the little bastards head with a pair of nail clippers and watching it suffer on the quartz countertop. Think I might mount it in a glass case next to the turkey fan I shot the other day

Last edited:
We are loaded with ticks again this year. All our outdoor clothes are sprayed with Permethrin. Our yellow Lab is on Bravecto. Active ingredient is Fluralaner. When the tick bites the dog, they get a lethal dose. The tick then comes to the surface of her hair where we can easily see them. They are mostly still alive at that point. We pick them off and crush them. The record for one two hour hike in the woods is 28 ticks removed !!

Nasty bastards. Glad I don't have to deal with this problem at home. All the outside work I do on my property. I have only had 1 one me before after skinning a bull elk.

PERMETHRIN !!

I would use 4 or 5 bottles a year if I purchased the Sawyer bottles. Farm and ranch store vet supply permethrin diluted properly comes in a significant savings.

I haven’t had an attached tick since I started using it.
2X!

I buy it in bulk and spray it on all my clothes for hunting and fishing. Good for a couple of months and repels mosquitos as well. Good for a couple wash cycles even. Game changing!

Just came out of mountains bear hunting. Never saw a tick which is opposite of my usual experience. Been cold spring in montana , assuming that made difference.

Not sure what everyone else has been seeing, but holy smokes, ticks have been thick in western MT this year. I’ve been picking up one or two every time I go anyplace where I might brush up against a plant. Even in the yard. So far this week my GF and I have had them daily.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back