Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Tick Tock...

Hey, is Bob still alive?? I need to come up there to get a drake mallard to go with the hen I have in your freezer...unless you ate it!

I am hunting waterfowl this weekend. Course I don't get to carry a shotgun but my 12 year old daughter gets to hunt the youth season!!!

I hope we have a limit of ducks to show you guys on Monday.

Nemont

Did somebody say DUCK SEASON?????

fa902a18.jpg

Wake me up when ya need somethin'.......

Awesome pick Marv!

I will be whackin' and stackin' again this weekend. Big nodak hunting get-together.

I can't wait for greenies and sprigs!

Thanks guys...that was my Chessie before last.
He was a retrieving fool when there were birds on the water but slept like a teenager when things were slow. He would snap to attention when he heard me pop the saftey on my Beretta, bail into the most ball shrinking water you could think of, bring back the bird, and go back to sleep :rolleyes:

f6ebc5e3.jpg

"sprigs" ... ?!?! Help a novice out bud.

Awesome dog you got there. We rely on Waders ;)

Gunner.... When is our Date on Sunday ? Shall I meet you with the Film crew at your Trailer park ?!?! :D

Moosie, a "sprig" is a drake pintail. We usually get quite a few in with the early mallards.

I might have to hit the river to get me a woodie too this weekend. I have credit for a waterfowl mount at the local taxidermist and I have my heart set on a full plumage wood duck. I need to do some glassing first though to make sure they are full of color, still pretty early in the season.

Becasue There are alot of them
elkgrin.gif

Bismarck, ND (BIS-Bismarck Municipal)
Devils Lake, ND (DVL-Devils Lake Municipal)
Dickinson, ND (DIK-Dickinson Municipal)
Fargo, ND (FAR-Hector)
Grand Forks, ND (GFK-Grand Forks Intl.)
Jamestown, ND (JMS-Jamestown Municipal)
Minot, ND (MOT-Minot Intl.)
Williston, ND (ISN-Sloulin Field Intl.)

Moosie, if you want a good sprig, go south. Color and tails are pretty poor while they are in this part of the country.

Here is a shot of one taken Nov 9 of last year.
11_09_03_028.jpg

Here is another one from October.
Axl_spring_1.sized.jpg

Color is not great and short tails.

By the third week of the season, we usually start getting some pretty nice ones. Both that greenie and the pintail look immature in that pic. We're they juvy birds? My sis has one mounted that she took second weekend of the season 3 years ago and it's a beauty.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back