Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Tick Tock...

Living/breathing version--

fa9f0a38.jpg

Thanx for the Phone Number.. Now answer it ;)

So MtMiller.... were should I go and when should I be there ? I'm guessuing the best way for a Nice mount is Jsut buy a bird from a Farm and mount it. thats what they do for Pheasants and other ducks.

But I still would like to shoot some ducks and geese

Both that greenie and the pintail look immature in that pic. We're they juvy birds?
Hell I don't know, I just shoot them. I spent a lot of time on a wildlife refuge (lived there for three years) and have just never seen much for good pintails that I felt were worthy of a mount. Sounds like there are some opps in your neck of the woods though.

A guy I hunted and worked with at the refuge used to hunt in Cali. and bragged about the color and tails compared to what we have. I would just suggest if you wanted the best plummage for a mount, go late season when most of the pins have headed south because of the bitter cold around my country.

I leave tomorrow for my duck/goose adventure. We will have quite the time with hunting in the morning, fishing at Devils Lake until 3 or 4 pm then out to scout until dark and after that the party begins.

I can't find a Cheap flight that gets me there the Same DAY Smalls.... For a Computer nerd I'm lost.......

I do later in the Season, Whats it like then ? Or should we plan next year ?

Lemme know.

It actually only gets better as the season goes on. If you could plan something for the weekend of the 23rd or 30th of October, we should have plenty birds (every migration is a little different granted). The later in October, the better the plumage will be, but the less likely to shoot some of the early season migrants (pintails and woodies included). Plus, the later in october, the more likely we could get into a good snow goose hunt.

OR, you could plan on a late season hunt, like early December when the geese are huge and we will be in some monster feeds. We've been talking and we might be having a couple of hunts with 65-70+ dozen dekes in feeds of 10,000+. There is usually a few duckies left around then too. But almost all mallards.

Either way, there will be more than enough activities to fill the day. Anytime in october we will be able to fish the afternoons. where we will be hunting in December has some pretty good pheasant action around it.

There is always next year too.

Back