Throwing away a bear hide?

ashersdad

I currently have 4 bear hides in the freezer (sons and my own). Already have several rugs and more hides than I can count. Don't really want to spend $149/foot to have them tanned to just add to the already too big pile of hides. But, in my mind it just seems wrong to toss them. The hunts were great and the meat was all utilized but I'm torn on what to do with them. Thoughts?

Have you considered tanning your self? My wife and I did a coyote and man it turned out slick. If I were close to you I'd give it a shot on one of your hides, LOL.

Well, to be greedy, I never got one of my own for a rug. Always wanted a bear rug.
I know a guy with a ES LO tag...

Oregon - No sales of black bear skins, claws, teeth, or products. 091221
Idaho - OK to sell black bear products. https://www.hideandfur.com/
Washington - No sales of black bear skins, claws, teeth, or products. Last update: Oct. 9, 2015.
California - No sales of black bear skins, claws, teeth, or products

Last edited:
Have you considered tanning your self? My wife and I did a coyote and man it turned out slick. If I were close to you I'd give it a shot on one of your hides, LOL.
Didn’t get any slipping in the eyes or ears? What’d you use to pickle? We did my bear and it turned out Pretty damned OK I worked on it forever too. Let’s just say I’ll be paying a pro for the next…

Let me talk to the boss, I may have a tan rug you can have for the cost of shipping if she’s cool with it.
Thanks. Don't get in dutch with the boss.
My last 2 bears were great hides and when I went back for them after getting meat out and in cooler, the yotes had shredded them. One a bear got.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back