Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

This

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
You are in for a lot of life lessons. In 30 years your tool collection will grow considerably, and you'll look around at all the work you've done and think maybe renting wasn't so bad.
Just kidding, good luck with the new home. I still enjoy projects around the house. Put a new back splash in the kitchen last week for the little lady.

Modernizing and old house sucks flat out. But, there are upsides. You learn a lot, hone a craft or two, and you can turn a large profit on the back end. My wife and I are moving in a few weeks and have a purchase agreement signed to sell our house for a six figure net profit after owning it less than 5 years. Yes, that is with inflation, but still a good rate of return, in my eyes. Work hard and learn!

“A hundred years from now, they will gaze upon my work and marvel at my skill and never know my name. And that will be good enough for me” Dan Holohan
"Five years from now, a tradesman will gaze upon your work and wonder what in the homeowner kind of rigging you did to screw something up that badly. And that will be good enough for his wallet." -np307

"Five years from now, a tradesman will gaze upon your work and wonder what in the homeowner kind of rigging you did to screw something up that badly. And that will be good enough for his wallet." -np307
Fifty years from now a tradesman will gaze upon my work and wonder why I poured my 30x40 patio 24" thick with #18 bar 12" on center.

Because I can, and it's funny to think about someone trying to remove it.

Well I was stupid and broke my and Randy’s rules and created what will certainly be a mountain of work for myself that will definitely cut into time in the woods…🤦‍♂️

Bought a 1927 house…

The easy life of the renter is over and I had to purchase tools… #*^@#*

First purchase and job… all the sinks and shower handles leak.

Sinks use a 12G-1H stem… FML

View attachment 281219

… to be continued
Dios mio. Even I use bigger wrenches than that. 😉

J/k. I’m excited to see what this next stage of life brings you guys. It’s going to be a wild ride. Making the new digs your own will be frustrating and satisfying at the same time. Don’t worry, @Ben Lamb is really just around the corner…

Well I was stupid and broke my and Randy’s rules and created what will certainly be a mountain of work for myself that will definitely cut into time in the woods…🤦‍♂️

Bought a 1927 house…

The easy life of the renter is over and I had to purchase tools… #*^@#*

First purchase and job… all the sinks and shower handles leak.

Sinks use a 12G-1H stem… FML

View attachment 281219

… to be continued
Pour La Croix on it.

Fifty years from now a tradesman will gaze upon my work and wonder why I poured my 30x40 patio 24" thick with #18 bar 12" on center.

Because I can, and it's funny to think about someone trying to remove it.
My God. You are the devil. I’ve removed a few like this in my old days as a landscaper. Removing concrete patios to install paver patios as a crew foreman. Guy selling the jobs never bothered to take the time and try to account for patios like that.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Loper96
Back