Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

This Years Elk

fairchase

Here’s a couple of photos from my elk hunt this year…the story goes like this.

First thing in the morning, opening day, I decided to pass on a couple of spikes. Then around noon this bull walked to within 30 yards of me. My first shot was to his shoulder, quartering forward and it rocked him. He went down on his knee, but got right back up. At that point he turned and lunged downhill only to get about three steps before I quickly got two more good hits and broke him down on the spot. He went about 20 yards total.

I took me three days of packing him out on my back and while I was sore from head to toe, I can't stop replaying those events over and over in my head.

Attachments

• 6X7 ELK 010edtsm.jpg
    6X7 ELK 010edtsm.jpg
    521.2 KB · Views: 398
  • 6X7 ELK 007edtsm.jpg
    6X7 ELK 007edtsm.jpg
    522.2 KB · Views: 363
That is a great looking bull! Congrats on a successfull hunt. Thanks for sharing the story and pictures. What a dandy!!

Dude.. those are different then the Link you sent me. The bull in the Other pictures had an Older guy in the pictures. and it was Open country....

At any Rate, Kudos again !!!!!!

Great looking bull, congrats. I'd be willing to spend three days packing something like that out of the woods.

Thanks guys, shooting him at such a close distance was crazy! I can't help but re-playing the whole thing over and over in my head.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back