Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

This

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Well I was stupid and broke my and Randy’s rules and created what will certainly be a mountain of work for myself that will definitely cut into time in the woods…🤦‍♂️

Bought a 1927 house…

The easy life of the renter is over and I had to purchase tools… #*^@#*

First purchase and job… all the since and shower handles leak.

Sinks use a 12G-1H stem… FML

View attachment 281219

… to be continued
Congratulations!!! Welcome to the fun of “home ownership”

Well I was stupid and broke my and Randy’s rules and created what will certainly be a mountain of work for myself that will definitely cut into time in the woods…🤦‍♂️

Bought a 1927 house…

The easy life of the renter is over and I had to purchase tools… #*^@#*

First purchase and job… all the sinks and shower handles leak.

Sinks use a 12G-1H stem… FML

View attachment 281219

… to be continued
A father and homeowner now talk about life in the fast lane. Speaking of fast lane when you trading in that corolla for a mini van?

So, your wife is an ER doc pulling down ~ $350K (if she's not you should move back to MT) you have a great job, and you're buying a 1927 home and fixing pipes? That's classic masochism. Or, as Tom Wolf would say, nostalgie de la boue.

Last edited:
Yeah swapping out for gate valves is on the list… of course the downstairs bathroom doesn’t have a shut off period 😤 so gotta add one in…

View attachment 281225
1/4 turn ball valves. And cycle them twice a year on the same dates you check your smoke detectors. Nice looking joist you've got there also. I'm in the middle of a major remodel myself, I'm finding comfort in your misery.
Sorry bud

@wllm
In all seriousness, check with your County and see if the structure qualifies as a Historical Building because of its age. It's a simple phone call and could potentially give you access to state grants and other federal programs designed to help owners maintain/protect older homes even if they do not have historical backgrounds.
Good luck and congratulations on the purchase.

1/4 turn ball valves. And cycle them twice a year on the same dates you check your smoke detectors. Nice looking joist you've got there also. I'm in the middle of a major remodel myself, I'm finding comfort in your misery.
Sorry bud
Do yourself a favor and track down the master shutoff too. Do that every time for every water project unless you're wife/kid absolutely need the water on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back