This is your property classification and appraisal notice

That’s because the D-Rats despise individuals who work hard and are successful. They embrace mediocrity and love the idea of redistributing wealth.
On the national level the top 50% of earners pay 98% of Federal Income taxes…how much more should they pay? The top 10% of earners paid 50% of Federal Income taxes, should they just foot the bill for the other 90%?
They should pay at least the same percentage of their income as I do. I could give two chits the amount that is total. Part of success is paying your fair share.

The small construction company I work for payed 40% of its earnings in taxes last year. That’s money that won’t go into employee pockets in the form of increased salaries.
With new property tax increases and out of pocket tuition costs for my kids’ education nearly 25% of our family income will be spent on education.

Yet, a school voucher program that would allow me to help use my property tax money to offset my kids’ education expense is anathema for Democrats.

Also, my privately schooled daughter isn’t allowed to compete in public school track and field events even though my tax dollars fund those programs. Her team drove right past the new $100 million dollar high school that sits a half mile from her school to the closest available eligible competition three hours away.

Send some more of that money you are happy to spend up our way. I’m not as happy with the status quo as you are.

The small construction company I work for payed 40% of its earnings in taxes last year. That’s money that won’t go into employee pockets in the form of increased salaries.
With new property tax increases and out of pocket tuition costs for my kids’ education nearly 25% of our family income will be spent on education.

Yet, a school voucher program that would allow me to help use my property tax money to offset my kids’ education expense is anathema for Democrats.

Also, my privately schooled daughter isn’t allowed to compete in public school track and field events even though my tax dollars fund those programs. Her team drove right past the new $100 million dollar high school that sits a half mile from her school to the closest available eligible competition three hours away.

Send some more of that money you are happy to spend up our way. I’m not as happy with the status quo as you are.
Meh, cry me a river.

I paid 80.3 million for a high school in Laramie, plus an additional 25 million in a local bond. The plus side is the local bond, that jacked my taxes on my 2 properties were for an Olympic sized swimming pool with a 3,000 seat balcony, a cool million in fake turf for the football field, better bleachers, and a theater. Oh, a tad into better science labs.

The plus side is, the local businesses went on a massive campaign to push the bond, so they could increase their bottom line. The city can host more high school events so that hotel chains and restaurants make bigger profits.

I'm fine with all that even though I've never set foot in that highschool and probably never will. I'm also fine with paying more in taxes for that bond, via my 2 city properties than a multimillionaire will pay for owning several thousand acres of AG/ ranch land.

I believe that ALL kids should get a quality education, which a voucher program wouldn't provide. So, I don't bitch about taxes.

That’s because the D-Rats despise individuals who work hard and are successful. They embrace mediocrity and love the idea of redistributing wealth.
On the national level the top 50% of earners pay 98% of Federal Income taxes…how much more should they pay? The top 10% of earners paid 50% of Federal Income taxes, should they just foot the bill for the other 90%?
I hope you're smart enough to not really believe that.

I’ve never heard of a flat fee tax system if that’s what you’re advocating?l

Any tax system either flat or graduated is going to have higher income earners paying more.

Death and taxes… you gotta pay some how and the states with the highest effective tax rates aren’t necessarily the ones without an income tax.

Even AK, they tax the heck out of OG, which seems like a good idea but along with some other factors has led almost all the big companies to leave the state.

They should pay at least the same percentage of their income as I do. I could give two chits the amount that is total. Part of success is paying your fair share.
2023 Federal Income Tax Brackets and Rates for Single Filers, Married Couples Filing Jointly, and Heads of Households
Tax RateFor Single FilersFor Married Individuals Filing Joint ReturnsFor Heads of Households
10%$0 to $11,000$0 to $22,000$0 to $15,700
12%$11,000 to $44,725$22,000 to $89,450$15,700 to $59,850
22%$44,725 to $95,375$89,450 to $190,750$59,850 to $95,350
24%$95,375 to $182,100$190,750 to $364,200$95,350 to $182,100
32%$182,100 to $231,250$364,200 to $462,500$182,100 to $231,250
35%$231,250 to $578,125$462,500 to $693,750$231,250 to $578,100
37%$578,125 or more$693,750 or more

I’ve never heard of a flat fee tax system if that’s what you’re advocating?l

Any tax system either flat or graduated is going to have higher income earners paying more.

Death and taxes… you gotta pay some how and the states with the highest effective tax rates aren’t necessarily the ones without an income tax.

Even AK, they tax the heck out of OG, which seems like a good idea but along with some other factors has led almost all the big companies to leave the state.
I wasn’t advocating anything. Just stating facts. The top earners pay more. The D’s would love it if the top earners paid it all.

I hope you're smart enough to not really believe that.
I do tend not to believe the govt, but they put it in a nice table that was easy to read and comprehend.
Source: IRS, Statistics of Income, ”Individual Income Rates and Tax Shares.”

My taxes are double that on a 60 year old house! I'm jealous
Lol. When I left Ca I was @1.125% on a 790k house, 10% on state income, 7.75% sales tax on every item you purchase but food, and I don’t even want to talk about payroll taxes.

My kindergartner came home singing the grand ol flag that was taught to them before summer break. Both of my two high school age daughters had at least two classes that were trade oriented last year. Came home with all sorts of cool things they made. I’m happy to pay my taxes in this county.EA75F90D-4C44-404D-81E1-9FE62C5393F5.jpeg

I wasn’t advocating anything. Just stating facts. The top earners pay more. The D’s would love it if the top earners paid it all.
I agree with the reality but not your reasoning.

The reality of who pays what that you highlighted also just shows the crazy income disparity in this country.

People in the very top brackets have so much money that 35% of their income or whatever is = to 20% of the income of thousands of poor and lower middle class folks.

I agree with the reality but not your reasoning.

The reality of who pays what that you highlighted also just shows the crazy income disparity in this country.

People in the very top brackets have so much money that 35% of their income or whatever is = to 20% of the income of thousands of poor and lower middle class folks.
Maybe they worked their asses off to earn that. Maybe they gambled it all on Apple stock in 1985. Possibly they inherited it from someone who sacrificed so their kids could have a better life. Who TF cares about other people’s financial positions? Good for them. If it helps you sleep better at night I’ve run across studies done that show people with more money aren’t necessarily happier.

Lol. When I left Ca I was @1.125% on a 790k house, 10% on state income, 7.75% sales tax on every item you purchase but food, and I don’t even want to talk about payroll taxes.

My kindergartner came home singing the grand ol flag that was taught to them before summer break. Both of my two high school age daughters had at least two classes that were trade oriented last year. Came home with all sorts of cool things they made. I’m happy to pay my taxes in this county.View attachment 282576
I agree, I never have minded paying taxes, no matter what bracket I've been in.

I believe that ALL kids should get a quality education, which a voucher program wouldn't provide. So, I don't bitch about taxes.

I will be happy to put you in touch with our school to make a donation for their scholarship program to enable more students to receive a quality education. Seeing as how private school and homeschool enrollment doesn’t add to the taxpayer burden by adding additional costs for their enrollment you should be happy to support the true costs of providing a quality education.

Maybe they worked their asses off to earn that. Maybe they gambled it all on Apple stock in 1985. Possibly they inherited it from someone who sacrificed so their kids could have a better life. Who TF cares about other people’s financial positions? Good for them. If it helps you sleep better at night I’ve run across studies done that show people with more money aren’t necessarily happier.
So you're saying the tax codes favor the less wealthy?

Laffin'

I will be happy to put you in touch with our school to make a donation for their scholarship program to enable more students to receive a quality education. Seeing as how private school and homeschool enrollment doesn’t add to the taxpayer burden by adding additional costs for their enrollment you should be happy to support the true costs of providing a quality education.
I support public schools, why I don't gripe about paying for them. Even if 23 of the 25 million bond went to athletics.

If you want something different for your kids, that's on you.

I’m just pointing out the flawed logic, it’s more or less the same math problem as averages.

It’s a

50,000,000,000 versus 50,000

Or

So 1,000,000 to 1

If 1 person controls as much wealth as a million people you can’t possibly devise a tax system that is based on a percentage of income, whether flat 4.2% or graduated up to 37% that won’t make the high income person carrying the vast majority of the burden.

The richest don’t even come close to paying those rates. They have good accountants and no how to use the tax code. W-2 wage earners pay those rates. Can’t bullchit a bullchitter. I know how the game works and play it too

The richest don’t even come close to paying those rates. They have good accountants and no how to use the tax code. W-2 wage earners pay those rates. Can’t bullchit a bullchitter. I know how the game works and play it too
Me too, and it's actually kind of sad.

So you're saying the tax codes favor the less wealthy?

Laffin'
I’m saying the top 50% of earners pay 98% of Fed income taxes. You don’t believe that, or think I shouldn’t believe it for some reason, even with a link to the source.

I’m saying the top 50% of earners pay 98% of Fed income taxes. You don’t believe that, or think I shouldn’t believe it for some reason, even with a link to the source.
Are you saying they shouldn't? Or is it that you think the lower 50% are cutting a fat hog in the ass?

There is a fat hog being cut in the ass, and the wealthy do the carving, fact.

Are you saying they shouldn't? Or is it that you think the lower 50% are cutting a fat hog in the ass?

There is a fat hog being cut in the ass, and the wealthy do the carving, fact.
“I hope you're smart enough to not really believe that.”

So you’re a believer now then since a source was provided??

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back