This is your property classification and appraisal notice

No, I'm not. You must have been playing Rip Van Winkle.

Sure, they employed people, and made bigger profits when Reaganomics cut every worker $2 an hour.
The mills employ fewer people now, though looks like the present company that owns the timber, likes to clear instead of selective cut then replant with reprod that grows quick but is garbage.

But yes, these days the lumber industry in NE Oregon looks more like an 80s Bruce Springsteen song about jobs not coming back.

Except I guess Bruce went to work in construction and got his union card.

You should also appreciate that since the 1980s there are a lot more laws on the books protecting employee rights, so unions may not be as important as they were back in the "good old days".

The mills employ fewer people now, though looks like the present company that owns the timber, likes to clear instead of selective cut then replant with reprod that grows quick but is garbage.

But yes, these days the lumber industry in NE Oregon looks more like an 80s Bruce Springsteen song about jobs not coming back.

Except I guess Bruce went to work in construction and got his union card.

You should also appreciate that since the 1980s there are a lot more laws on the books protecting employee rights, so unions may not be as important as they were back in the "good old days".
I think you're right, you were on something way more potent than weed, sounds like you still are.

But isn’t the argument that we outspent the USSR which helped accelerate its collapse?

I’ll take “Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall.” Over any speech Joe gives about his inflation reduction act…
Sure. But like all politicians, spending money wasn’t his problem.

Sorry to disappoint you sweetie pie.
Sorry to disappoint you about your hero:

A few "highlights".

One complaint was that the movie showed Reagan ignoring the AIDS crisis because of its association with gay sex, and telling his wife, “They that live in sin shall die in sin.”

But in real life, Reagan refused to mention AIDS publicly for six years, under-funded federal programs dealing with the disease and, according to his authorized biography, said, “Maybe the Lord brought down this plague,” because “illicit sex is against the Ten Commandments.”

C. Everett Koop, Reagan’s surgeon general, later revealed, “because transmission of AIDS was understood primarily in the homosexual population and in those who abused intravenous drugs, the advisors to the president took the stand, they are only getting what they justly deserve.”

But Reagan’s economic policies were a disaster for working-class Americans. Reagan presided over the worst recession since the 1930s, and economic growth in the 1980s was lower than in the 1970s, despite the stimulus of military Keynesian policies, which created massive federal budget deficits and tripled the federal debt. By the end of the decade, real wages were down and the poverty rate had increased by 20 percent.

Reagan was many things, but “gifted” was not one of them. “Poor dear,” remarked British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, his closest international ally, “there’s nothing between his ears.” As for a “moral man,” Reagan’s morality included union busting–beginning with his dismissal of striking air traffic controllers in 1981–an unprecedented war on the poor, opposition to civil rights and support for apartheid South Africa. The “moral” Reagan trained and supported terrorists, including the Nicaraguan contras (“the moral equal of our Founding Fathers”) who killed over 30,000 people, and Islamic radicals in Afghanistan who later formed the al-Qaeda network.

Sorry to disappoint you about your hero:

A few "highlights".

One complaint was that the movie showed Reagan ignoring the AIDS crisis because of its association with gay sex, and telling his wife, “They that live in sin shall die in sin.”

But in real life, Reagan refused to mention AIDS publicly for six years, under-funded federal programs dealing with the disease and, according to his authorized biography, said, “Maybe the Lord brought down this plague,” because “illicit sex is against the Ten Commandments.”

C. Everett Koop, Reagan’s surgeon general, later revealed, “because transmission of AIDS was understood primarily in the homosexual population and in those who abused intravenous drugs, the advisors to the president took the stand, they are only getting what they justly deserve.”

But Reagan’s economic policies were a disaster for working-class Americans. Reagan presided over the worst recession since the 1930s, and economic growth in the 1980s was lower than in the 1970s, despite the stimulus of military Keynesian policies, which created massive federal budget deficits and tripled the federal debt. By the end of the decade, real wages were down and the poverty rate had increased by 20 percent.

Reagan was many things, but “gifted” was not one of them. “Poor dear,” remarked British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher, his closest international ally, “there’s nothing between his ears.” As for a “moral man,” Reagan’s morality included union busting–beginning with his dismissal of striking air traffic controllers in 1981–an unprecedented war on the poor, opposition to civil rights and support for apartheid South Africa. The “moral” Reagan trained and supported terrorists, including the Nicaraguan contras (“the moral equal of our Founding Fathers”) who killed over 30,000 people, and Islamic radicals in Afghanistan who later formed the al-Qaeda network.

Sorry Buzz I'm not on vacation today and can't read the above novella, have to get back to work. But here's a classic for you:

Sorry Buzz I'm not on vacation today and can't read the above novella, have to get back to work. But here's a classic for you:

Yeah, I know the truth isn't in sound bites or bumper stickers, so you figure why bother...and apparently you weren't paying attention when it happened.

Oh, but have plenty of time to search youtube.

Yeah, I know the truth isn't in sound bites or bumper stickers, so you figure why bother...and apparently you weren't paying attention when it happened.

Oh, but have plenty of time to search youtube.
I hope someday you find happiness and contentment Buzz. Have you considered moving to Canada?

our property valuation was pretty fair. not a good use of time to protest.

also, it was just already super expensive here, and we bought in dec 2021, so this is our first actual annual notice of appraisal for tax purposes. so it's just like yep, it's expensive, like we thought it would be. fun fun.

I hope someday you find happiness and contentment Buzz. Have you considered moving to Canada?
I'm happy, just choose to live in reality and pay attention.

As a matter of fact, yes but too soon old, too late smart.

The hunting there buries the U.S. in variety. Fishing doesn't exactly suck either.

I don't plan on living in the U.S. full time when I retire.

What valuation % change do you people see if assessed agricultural? It’s a good deal here in NM. People on several acres in a $750,000 house with apple trees and a horse paying less than I do.

What valuation % change do you people see if assessed agricultural? It’s a good deal here in NM. People on several acres in a $750,000 house with apple trees and a horse paying less than I do.
friend of mine in Idaho has a setup like this, one parcel that is barely bigger than his house and shop and a second parcel of timber that is zoned forest or rangeland

Back