Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

This Guy is a Dandy

First, the fine is ridiculously low. We all know that.

Second, whether we like it or not, this guy is seen by the non hunting portion of the public as a hunter. Like it or not.

It is this second reason that makes me even more disappointed in the fine. The fine should reflect the outrage of him stealing an opportunity of a lifetime for someone.

I assume this is a pic of the ram. Not sure why it didn’t qualify for the $30k fine.
According to FWP the Boddington ram would qualify if poached....

It says he was charged with unlawful possession of a game animal. What's the story there? Went back to retrieve the head? Sad to hear this was a new block management property. That really sucks.
There was a bill that Senator Bob Brown carried that made it so a poacher could be charged with illegal possession, even if they did not actually take possession of the animal because they left it in the field.

$5,000 is nothing in the scheme of things, I think we had that much in stimulus last year, maybe this go too, nothing out of pocket

The weak fine and penalty is on par with this guy's lack of ethics and just being a plain old D-bag.
$5k? For a bighorn ram? Then I poke around a bit, and see this: https://capcity.news/latest-news/2020/11/09/montana-man-fined-4000-for-poaching-bighorn-sheep/. Huh....Breaks ram, shot in May? $4k fine? That's it? What is the bar for a "trophy" and the associated big time fine? This pansy-ass fine structure barely discourages poachers. Why does FWP pull up short on poaching cases that they ACTUALLY FIGURE OUT AND CAN PROSECUTE? It is insane. Think of how many prison wallets out there continue to poach, year after year and never get caught?

The weak fine and penalty is on par with this guy's lack of ethics and just being a plain old D-bag.
$5k? For a bighorn ram? Then I poke around a bit, and see this: https://capcity.news/latest-news/2020/11/09/montana-man-fined-4000-for-poaching-bighorn-sheep/. Huh....Breaks ram, shot in May? $4k fine? That's it? What is the bar for a "trophy" and the associated big time fine? This pansy-ass fine structure barely discourages poachers. Why does FWP pull up short on poaching cases that they ACTUALLY FIGURE OUT AND CAN PROSECUTE? It is insane. Think of how many prison wallets out there continue to poach, year after year and never get caught?
Why do prosecutors and judges pull up short is the proper question. FWP isn’t handing out the judgement and fines

Why don’t they treat most poachers like they do some petty drug traffickers and seize everything and anything that might have been used in furtherance of a poaching crime? I’m talking vehicles, all firearms, etc. Hell, seize any shoe that remotely resembles a hunting boot.

Maybe there’s other examples, but Alaska seems like the only state willing to throw the book at these knuckleheads.

HaaHaaahaaa....this cracks me up. This dude is definitely in wrong. However, why is noone fired up that indians can shoot anything they want, anywhere they want, at any time of year they want. Without licenses....government does nothing....Indians killing sheep all over tge place. Usually not even in season. Why is that ok, but this guy is a horrible human...

HaaHaaahaaa....this cracks me up. This dude is definitely in wrong. However, why is noone fired up that indians can shoot anything they want, anywhere they want, at any time of year they want. Without licenses....government does nothing....Indians killing sheep all over tge place. Usually not even in season. Why is that ok, but this guy is a horrible human...
So your saying Elizabeth Warren can go up on the mountain and start shooting sheep and nothing can be done?

The reason an animal is a trophy is the yrs of applying, the monumental effort in scouting, hiking getting into the area locating and making a clean harvest
Not just the species to jack lite or poach in any way is a completely disrespectful to the animal and lessens it to just an act of killing something
And with sheep due to numbers and effort to try and build back herds makes me want to smack someone

Later man.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back