Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

This guy does suck

MTGomer

“Wild horses and burros are an iconic part of the American West and part of our national heritage," William Perry Pendley, BLM's deputy director for policy and programs, said in a statement Friday. "We will pursue every lead until we've arrested and prosecuted those responsible for these cruel, savage deaths, and we welcome the public's help to bring the perpetrator or perpetrators to justice."

Big herds of Wild Burros around our local reseviour.Locals catch you messin'
with the Burros and you'll find yourself spit roasted over an open pit.And I'll
bring the Tortilla's and Salsa then we will all get some Burros! :cool:

I don't believe that the Burros were even native to the area and therefore they should not even protected under the horse act. I'm sure someone will prove that statement incorrect, but it won't change the fact that they are viewed as a nuisance to many people. They were abandon by prospectors and miners that went broke and left them to fend for themselves and become wild. They have thrived pretty well in some areas, too well in others. They destroy much of the habitat for deer and other native critters. Too bad there isn't a better system to remove or control them.

If someone was "turned in" for killing wild burros, how much time would they serve or what would be the fine?... Asking for a friend in need of $10,000 to pay me back for a past due loan.

Az.has an adopt a burro program in place but not a lot of takers.
Adopting a Burro,then re-naming it Burrito may not go over so well. :cool:

It's not THE answer, but it is an answer. Rounding them up and holding them by the BLM to the tune of tens of millions a year is no answer either. Nobody adopts enough of them. There are no horse slaughter houses anymore thanks to the bunny huggers. What are we going to do with them. We'll talk about the invasive species cattle some other time.

Cattle leases are a big sore spot in AZ. as well as other states.Some believe Burros are
ruining he graze for Cattle.Others believe both Cattle and Burro's are pushing out the
Natural wildlife. I believe I'll have a Beer. And that's all I got to say about that! :cool:

It's not THE answer, but it is an answer. Rounding them up and holding them by the BLM to the tune of tens of millions a year is no answer either. Nobody adopts enough of them. There are no horse slaughter houses anymore thanks to the bunny huggers. What are we going to do with them. We'll talk about the invasive species cattle some other time.
I assume you are referencing my post. I have no issue at all with killing them as a way of control. But some shithead out there doing it illegaly for fun isn't right. mtmuley

At least cattle feed people in return for any temporary or long term impacts they may have on habitat and wildlife. The horses and burros offer nothing in return except for soaking up a lot of tax dollars that could have been spent doing something more important.

Those horses could feed people too if the Disney do gooders hadn't outlawed horse slaughter. Now instead of just having to somehow overturn The Wild and Free-Roaming Horse and Burro Act, we also have to overcome the slaughter ban (which Trump reauthorized last year). People are just not rational when it comes to horses. Most equine professionals recognize slaughter as a legitimate need, and also that current policies relating to feral horses and burros are not sustainable.

Those horses could feed people too if the Disney do gooders hadn't outlawed horse slaughter. Now instead of just having to somehow overturn The Wild and Free-Roaming Horse and Burro Act, we also have to overcome the slaughter ban (which Trump reauthorized last year). People are just not rational when it comes to horses. Most equine professionals recognize slaughter as a legitimate need, and also that current policies relating to feral horses and burros are not sustainable.

I agree.

I assume you are referencing my post. I have no issue at all with killing them as a way of control. But some shithead out there doing it illegaly for fun isn't right. mtmuley
There a few areas I drive through and think this is the ONLY solution that might ever be implemented. Get a bunch of dudes and get out on a random weeknight and actually make a difference. Even if it's a short term one.

But then the rational side of me would never ACTUALLY do it.

Back