PEAX Equipment

Did the Albany Co. Commissioners just screw public land owners without ANYONE noticing?

I have spent a lot of time in that area. This will impact the access to the N end of 7 in CO as much as it will impede the access to the WY side, especially for late seasons.

The E end of that road that @Forkyfinder posted in his photo drives directly through Mead's ranch, and they already had made attempts to make it look private. Some heavy hitters to compete with.

Interested to see where this goes and what the other issues are to unpack. From talking to the warden, and personal observations, this general area has struggled with illegal shed hunting in recent years, and there has been a lot of dispute about the Gypsum Quarry Rd onto Red Mt (and generally illegal ATV usage) across 10.

Thanks for your advocacy on this @BuzzH

Ya know - as much as i reason with this - a bad actor cant destroy an easement.

Statements like this bother really bother me from landowners. The premise of the statement is that its their "right" to lock up access because of inconvience they have. I cant lock up my sidewalk because the neighbor lets his dog shit on it.

Access is a legal right (via easement or historical easement) in many places. Not some charity or grant to the public done by the landowner.
It happens all the time over here. Sometimes it's one bad actor, sometimes it a bunch of circus clowns. I don't know about this specific situation, but what I can tell you is that it's proven that one person can ruin it for all of us.

Interested to see where this goes and what the other issues are to unpack. From talking to the warden, and personal observations, this general area has struggled with illegal shed hunting in recent years, and there has been a lot of dispute about the Gypsum Quarry Rd onto Red Mt (and generally illegal ATV usage) across 10
One of the many controversial roads in that part of the world. I had a tag for that part of the world last year and it was pins and needles the whole time.

One of the many controversial roads in that part of the world. I had a tag for that part of the world last year and it was pins and needles the whole time.
If they think there were issues in the past, wait til they see what happens with the new unlimited 8 cow tags this year. High potential for a serious sh*t show given the numbers of elk on inaccessible private around there.

It happens all the time over here. Sometimes it's one bad actor, sometimes it a bunch of circus clowns. I don't know about this specific situation, but what I can tell you is that it's proven that one person can ruin it for all of us.
You do follow what i am saying though, right? If it is ruining it for people - its a testament to how broken the system is.

Problems and a lack of enforcement dont trump rights. Period.

If they think there were issues in the past, wait til they see what happens with the new unlimited 8 cow tags this year. High potential for a serious sh*t show given the numbers of elk on inaccessible private around there.
I know of one PLO that offers trespass fee there but he does it on an extremely limited basis. The others would just hang up the phone.

Good luck to anyone drawing those HMAs there. Hate to see how that unit will turn out. That’s one of my favorite places in WY. Went fly fishing there the other week.

Reactions: trb
You do follow what i am saying though, right? If it is ruining it for people - its a testament to how broken the system is.

Problems and a lack of enforcement dont trump rights. Period.
Maybe I’m not. I don’t think I disagree with what you’re saying or what I’m interpreting. I’m stuck between generally speaking and this particular instance, but the easement in the county’s eyes was never really intended to be there because they deemed it as not/never was a county road legally.

For the record; I disagree with how they claim it was/was not a county road. The county road map (not OnX) has given that road a county number where it was shaded a county road color. So someone somewhere thought that was a county road. That’s about the only assumption I’m comfortable making at this point.

I’ll wait for the report from Buzz. There has to be a story why this just came up out of nowhere.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SmokinHunter
Back