Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

This election got me thinking...

trophy_killer

Can someone tell me why almost every election for the Presidency was pretty much a guarantee on who will be President and the last election and this one have been so close? Is it because before we had 1 person who stood out as the best person for the job hands down? Is it because the last election along with the up coming one no one really thinks either person will do a good job or what?

Anyways it just got me wondering about why the election in 2000 along with this one have been so close when before we pretty much knew by now who was gonna win.

I'm just hazarding a guess, but maybe it's selective memory? Maybe with 8-12 years distance and hindsight it just seems as though those others were cut and dry and predictable.

the last election and this one have been so close?
1. Cable news. You now have a 24 hour news cycle. It used to be that you got your news between 5:00 and 5:30. Now that has changed, you have 24 hours of news access with each side (dems and reps) being able to put out their vision.

2. In general people are drifting to one side of the political spectrum of the other. Thats called polarization. See above for the reason that this has come about.

3. Supreme court. I am not 100% on this, just a gut feeling though. The last election and to a major degree this one will decide the direction of this country for the next 20 to 30 years. I am surprised that Bush has not had an opportunity to appoint any one so far in his term. This means that the next four years you will propably see 3 to 4 supreme court judges appointed. This has a huge impact on those who tend to be very right leaning as well as those who lean to the left.

4. Clinton Impeachment had a lot to do with 2000. People picked sides and stuck with them. I believe right or wrong this is what has devided America, not Bush like some would like you to believe.

Scott

PS this election is not going to be close. It will swing big one way or the other. Right now I am thinking that bush will win with 320 to 350 ec votes. This could change on a dime though depending on Iraq. If Iraq melts down, which it looks like it could then you can take those 320 to 350 ec votes and give them to Kerry.

elections are always close because there is a certain amount of people who are simply going to vote for their party regardless of who is running or what the qualifications, and those people are basically equally divided. the swing voters are the people who vote most often on the issues that are most important to them and change the election. many elections also have an independent canidate who will drop out near the end of the election campaign and then endorse a particular candidate and this election didnt have one of those.

I think there is a change in the wind. It's taking some time, but the wind is changing. Our younger voters are not the 'hippy' generation. From what I see they are of astute minds, and are less swayed by TV garbage, political ping-pong bull crap and are actually thinking things out. It's the the old farts that are fu$&ing things up!

Their pants may be down around their ass, tongue's pierced, and Tatoo's on their nipple's, but they are 'Thinking'. And I say GOOD FOR THEM !!

Personal prediction...This one is going to Bush. The next one is the one that scares the SH!t out of me.....

I believe that most people are"uninformed" about the majority of issues,and its very complex, and hard to find out what candidates actualy stand for [they are too politically correct] They have No guts or spine, they tell you what you want to hear.[everybody] they are to chickenshit to tell the truth, so they can get elected/re-elected. What Feclnogn says is pretty accurate [we are divided] Too bad there isn`t a "strong" third party that would enforce the laws on the books and go by the constituition, but the two parties do everything they can to stop this from happening [see debates/ electoral college etc.] we have way to many power crazy political whores who we can`t seem to get out of office, many who have never held a "real" job. but have worked in politics all of their life.

"Their pants may be down around their ass, tongue's pierced, and Tatoo's on their nipple's, but they are 'Thinking'. And I say GOOD FOR THEM !!"

yeah, thats what i think when i see a wigger with tattoos, piercings and his pants down around his ass......"now there's a thinker"!
wedgie.gif

that is a scary thought.....one day one of those friginn goof's might become president.......he can go down in history as the first wigger president

Actually, I'm reading that Al-Qaeda LOVES Bush... the fiasco in Iraq is apparently driving recruiting numbers through the roof... anti-American sentiment is at an all time high world-wide. We're not likely to be out of Iraq anytime in the next 10 years.

That being said, I think this election will be somewhat telling. Electing Kerry would be a huge mistake and if we don't have another terrorist attack before the election, I'll bet we have one shortly afterwards if Kerry gets elected...

notice the "W" sign he's showing......that stands for "wigger".

a simple test you can do on yourself to find out if you might just be a wigger is to try and make that same sign......if you can hold up your hand and get your fingers to do that "W" symbol effortlessly....you might just be a wigger.

I was taught at a very early age that a wigger is what one urinates out of. But if this group of kids is calling themselves that, and they want to vote on a conservitive angle, who cares where the name originated..... ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back