There's Something About a Nice Knife

Have any of you heard of Crusader Forge knives? I've got a couple of customs in the closet made by that guy. Unbelievable knives! I keep thinking that I'm going to sell them, get them out, look at them, then I rebox them and put them away for a few more years. Can't seem to part with a good knife. Anyone else feel the same way?

Have any of you heard of Crusader Forge knives? I've got a couple of customs in the closet made by that guy. Unbelievable knives! I keep thinking that I'm going to sell them, get them out, look at them, then I rebox them and put them away for a few more years. Can't seem to part with a good knife. Anyone else feel the same way?
Yes. I had a knife made by Bodkin Blades that turned out a little beefier than I'd planned. Keep contemplating selling but just haven't.

Attachments

• Resized_20210924_162353_187817540428611.jpeg
    Resized_20210924_162353_187817540428611.jpeg
    731.6 KB · Views: 20
For me I know when I pick it up. I have worn out hands and grip is a priority. Being able to index it into my hand without trying. And no slipping. Being able to sharpen it. Some blades just seem too hard. And then they get dangerous dull.
Primary purpose is preparing harvested game, moose for me. And so always dirty n slippery. Reaching in a big body cavity to cut the entrails by feel, don't make a mistake. I now have an automatic bayonet knife that retracts itself and has a rubber handle for that.
My every day knife is a 3" Buck, did 2 moose so far.
I cook and we process our meat. I have an antique with homemade wood handle, an 18"x2" blade made from an old bandsaw. Great kitchen knife. Leave the rest on the magnet.
Hey sorry for going on. I don't make knives but sure use them. And somehow they can bring back great memories, wonderful tools

Buddy of mine is a knife maker over in Virginia City. Self taught, he has done well for himself.
About 8 years ago he turned a drawer of kitchen knives into letter openers and handed them out.
Who needs a home defense firearm?20230603_101416.jpg

A knife maker out of Colorado who has made a few very nice knives for me sent me photos of his latest creations after a long hiatus - I saw this one and immediately had to have it. The older I get the more I am really appreciating nice knives!

IMG_0372.jpegIMG_0373.jpegIMG_0374.jpeg

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back