There's Something About a Nice Knife

That a beautiful blade.
Custom knives are like a drug for me. I can’t get enough of them. I am slowly getting down to a manageable amount. I was over a 100 on point. Most are safe queens but I have about handful that I use. Mostly Dozier, Ingram and May. I am thinking of list my knife guild collection for sale shortly. About about 15 original members of the guild.

That a beautiful blade.
Custom knives are like a drug for me. I can’t get enough of them. I am slowly getting down to a manageable amount. I was over a 100 on point. Most are safe queens but I have about handful that I use. Mostly Dozier, Ingram and May. I am thinking of list my knife guild collection for sale shortly. About about 15 original members of the guild.
I used to whine about not being able to afford a new gun. Then, I looked at how many custom knives I have (as well as other Living History hand made items). I still whine, but I know why...

David
NM

I used to whine about not being able to afford a new gun. Then, I looked at how many custom knives I have (as well as other Living History hand made items). I still whine, but I know why...

David
NM

I hear you buddy, I hear you.
Yea I don’t even think about what I have spent on them over the years. Especially the older ones that had retired or deceased builders.

I go in phases. Sometime if a builder get too big I get sour on them. For example at one time I owned about 30-40 Busse early on it was a cult like following. Then it blew up and became super popular. Tuned me off so I sold all of them. Made money on most of them too.

I go in phases. Sometime if a builder get too big I get sour on them. For example at one time I owned about 30-40 Busse early on it was a cult like following. Then it blew up and became super popular. Tuned me off so I sold all of them. Made money on most of them too.
Sounds like half face blades…slowed down quite a bit but people were getting 2-5x retail not long ago on $500 knives

Had a thing for Busse many a moon ago but they exceeded discretionary expenditure limits. First custom was a Charles May Noxubee that resides in Ken Jrs' safe now.

I bought a pair of knives from a woman from Homer, Alaska on one of our trips. At least I think she made them. The scrimshaw on the antler handles was done by her for sure. Probably not worth much but I liked them.

I bought a pair of knives from a woman from Homer, Alaska on one of our trips. At least I think she made them. The scrimshaw on the antler handles was done by her for sure. Probably not worth much but I liked them.
Just looked. Linda Petree of Homer.

Had a thing for Busse many a moon ago but they exceeded discretionary expenditure limits. First custom was a Charles May Noxubee that resides in Ken Jrs' safe now.

Charlie is great. Not only a great blade smith but a great person as well. Total gentlemen. I have many that he made for me. I used to Email him pictures of them being used in the field. I know his greater joy was seeing people actually use his knives. I think I might get back on the list and place an order. You’re costing me money!!

Charlie is great. Not only a great blade smith but a great person as well. Total gentlemen. I have many that he made for me. I used to Email him pictures of them being used in the field. I know his greater joy was seeing people actually use his knives. I think I might get back on the list and place an order. You’re costing me money!!
He is very gracious about service...a delightful and conscientious gentleman.

Back