Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

There's Something About a Nice Knife

That a beautiful blade.
Custom knives are like a drug for me. I can’t get enough of them. I am slowly getting down to a manageable amount. I was over a 100 on point. Most are safe queens but I have about handful that I use. Mostly Dozier, Ingram and May. I am thinking of list my knife guild collection for sale shortly. About about 15 original members of the guild.

That a beautiful blade.
Custom knives are like a drug for me. I can’t get enough of them. I am slowly getting down to a manageable amount. I was over a 100 on point. Most are safe queens but I have about handful that I use. Mostly Dozier, Ingram and May. I am thinking of list my knife guild collection for sale shortly. About about 15 original members of the guild.
I used to whine about not being able to afford a new gun. Then, I looked at how many custom knives I have (as well as other Living History hand made items). I still whine, but I know why...

David
NM

I used to whine about not being able to afford a new gun. Then, I looked at how many custom knives I have (as well as other Living History hand made items). I still whine, but I know why...

David
NM

I hear you buddy, I hear you.
Yea I don’t even think about what I have spent on them over the years. Especially the older ones that had retired or deceased builders.

I go in phases. Sometime if a builder get too big I get sour on them. For example at one time I owned about 30-40 Busse early on it was a cult like following. Then it blew up and became super popular. Tuned me off so I sold all of them. Made money on most of them too.

I go in phases. Sometime if a builder get too big I get sour on them. For example at one time I owned about 30-40 Busse early on it was a cult like following. Then it blew up and became super popular. Tuned me off so I sold all of them. Made money on most of them too.
Sounds like half face blades…slowed down quite a bit but people were getting 2-5x retail not long ago on $500 knives

Had a thing for Busse many a moon ago but they exceeded discretionary expenditure limits. First custom was a Charles May Noxubee that resides in Ken Jrs' safe now.

I bought a pair of knives from a woman from Homer, Alaska on one of our trips. At least I think she made them. The scrimshaw on the antler handles was done by her for sure. Probably not worth much but I liked them.

I bought a pair of knives from a woman from Homer, Alaska on one of our trips. At least I think she made them. The scrimshaw on the antler handles was done by her for sure. Probably not worth much but I liked them.
Just looked. Linda Petree of Homer.

Had a thing for Busse many a moon ago but they exceeded discretionary expenditure limits. First custom was a Charles May Noxubee that resides in Ken Jrs' safe now.

Charlie is great. Not only a great blade smith but a great person as well. Total gentlemen. I have many that he made for me. I used to Email him pictures of them being used in the field. I know his greater joy was seeing people actually use his knives. I think I might get back on the list and place an order. You’re costing me money!!

Charlie is great. Not only a great blade smith but a great person as well. Total gentlemen. I have many that he made for me. I used to Email him pictures of them being used in the field. I know his greater joy was seeing people actually use his knives. I think I might get back on the list and place an order. You’re costing me money!!
He is very gracious about service...a delightful and conscientious gentleman.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back