NEW SITKA Ambient 75

There's Something About a Nice Knife

Had a thing for Busse many a moon ago but they exceeded discretionary expenditure limits. First custom was a Charles May Noxubee that resides in Ken Jrs' safe now.
I told my brother about y'all talking about Charles's May knives on here and he bought 3. You should get commission.

I hear you buddy, I hear you.
Yea I don’t even think about what I have spent on them over the years. Especially the older ones that had retired or deceased builders.
So many of my friends have crossed over, I look at my knives and remember. I have so many things made by friends of long ago, and I just keep buying.

David
NM

I've got exactly one custom hunting knife (kitchen knives are another story!). Over the years I've owned a number of Gene Ingram knives, and enjoyed trying various builds. Through trial and error I found his #7 Drop Point was pretty much the sweet spot for what I like, so I ordered one in October of 2018. Then, as some may know, Gene had some health issues, and is no longer taking orders. However, this past fall he very kindly let me know he'd fulfill my long-standing order and in January the knife arrived.

#7 Drop Point 7 1/8 x 3
S30V
Polished Green Linen Micarta
12 Pin SS Mosaics
Leather Sheath RH Loop.

Attachments

• IMG_1890.jpeg
    IMG_1890.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 25
When I was young, and new to Alaska, My father gifted me a Gerber knife. A good 45 years back. As I learned to hunt and harvest, that knife, became so awesome. It severed me well, on Moose, Caribou, Black and Grizz Bear. One evening, I shot a Moose from camp,
BlastedMoose3.JPG
camp in background. It became a Late evening, solo skin out, holding flashlight in teeth, lantern in tree, somewhere in there, that knife found a resting place.
I've searched that spot a number of times, a very good knife lay in that soil.

I don't have any professional customs, but 20+ years ago my brother made a couple skinning knives, one for each of us. Engraved with our family name on one side of the blade, it's handled quite a few whitetails.

20230523_085633.jpg

20230523_085718.jpg

Sweet steel from Sawk Knives. My favorite thing about this one is it makes the wife green with envy. The maker gave it to me back when I was involved in a social media thing. I like to tell her I got it because I'm a big deal on youtube.

The fb and yt was her idea. She was the one running it. Nobody in the history of ever likes something free as much as she does. You know those people who go around getting all the free pens, koozies and bags at show and festivals? That's her. The kids have learned to get scarce because she tries to get the to do it, too. But I got the knife. Bahahaha.
118302490_1434480520095405_7558102204690291640_n.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back