There's a marmot in my truck (revenge of flaviventris)

• Thread starter Deleted member 16014
  • Start date
I absolutely love reading this and Neffa's thread. Laughing my butt off. Not making fun of your issues here for sure. Sorry but I'm from the Midwest and don't believe I've ever seen a Marmot. And now hope to never. I hunt in Montana and Colorado. And in Wyoming in the next couple of years. How and where are these little suckers and how do you avoid them?

I think a corgi would probably be the best marmot fighter, low to the ground and ferocious. My other plans would involve peanut butter, a treble hook, and a shotgun.
1621616014769.png

Accurate

I'd rig up a treble hook on some steel leader to a rod, then insert the end of the treble inside an arrow and try to push it past the marmot. Then just rip on it and try to snag him.

Or just man up, put on some work gloves and grab the SOB.

One of my concerns with the pressure washer is where it goes afterward. I don't have one of my own, so it's the car wash. As darkly humorous as it might be, a marmot with an arrow shaft sticking out of it's face running around a parking lot might get more newsworthy around here than I'd like...

I think a corgi would probably be the best marmot fighter, low to the ground and ferocious. My other plans would involve peanut butter, a treble hook, and a shotgun.
I think some kind of hook on a stick and then is among my current top strategies. A snare loop could work if he's oriented right, but a hook just needs contact with any body part.

View attachment 183811

Accurate

I'd rig up a treble hook on some steel leader to a rod, then insert the end of the treble inside an arrow and try to push it past the marmot. Then just rip on it and try to snag him.

Or just man up, put on some work gloves and grab the SOB.
You man up and grab it tough guy :LOL:. It doesn't lead with it's tail, and I saw what it did to my arrow ha...

One of my concerns with the pressure washer is where it goes afterward. I don't have one of my own, so it's the car wash. As darkly humorous as it might be, a marmot with an arrow shaft sticking out of it's face running around a parking lot might get more newsworthy around here than I'd like...

I think some kind of hook on a stick and then is among my current top strategies. A snare loop could work if he's oriented right, but a hook just needs contact with any body part.

You man up and grab it tough guy :LOL:. It doesn't lead with it's tail, and I saw what it did to my arrow ha...
My wife would do it...

I absolutely love reading this and Neffa's thread. Laughing my butt off. Not making fun of your issues here for sure. Sorry but I'm from the Midwest and don't believe I've ever seen a Marmot. And now hope to never. I hunt in Montana and Colorado. And in Wyoming in the next couple of years. How and where are these little suckers and how do you avoid them?
You haven't seen any yet in MT and CO??? You clearly aren't looking hard enough! Really, anywhere that you have granite and boulder fields you will see rockchucks if you look long enough.

I'm laughing with you. I had to snag one with a bbq hook once. It worked but the damn thing still came at me.

On a lighter note I just gave a bunny a 18mi ride to the grocery store......fresh greens I guess.

I knew good and well it wasn't going to work, but I had to let my dog try out of respect to her Viking bloodlines. Freja, the Norwegian elkhound, is named for the goddess of war, beauty and like 10 other generic things that apparently didn't fit into the other god's skillsets. My Freja is more like the goddess of worrying and sleeping in other people's space. She gave it a good go, but got nothing other some angry chirps. The neighbor's GSP came along and gave about one sniff. Useless. Lucy the fun loving mutt. Useless.

Gus...

1621618008214.png 1621618043059.png

his namesake varies depending on who in the family you talk to...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back