The way I see it Hound hunters can break the law!

Idaho Ron

On the topic before called it should be illegal.
I got the answer from the DCO and he said it would be in the paper.
I still believe that using a motorized vehicle to hunt with bird dogs is the same as hunting with hounds. He said because it was a tradition they overlooked the violation. Hell I know families that have been poaching so long it is a tradition. Why not look the other way for jack lighting. Boy this pisses me off!
Here is the link Ron
http://www.magicvalley.com/weeklyfeatures/outdoors/index.asp?StoryID=1989&PubDate=2003-6-12

there just has got to be more important things to whine about
wink.gif

I personaly have not a problem one with hound hunters. The dog may strike from a truck, but then the chase is on and those guys work their arses off chasing those hounds.
hump.gif
hump.gif

following a bird dog with a vehicle is just plain dumb
hump.gif

My point is this. it is illegal to follow both types of dogs with a motorized vehicle. Hound hunters have been streching the limit as to fair chase. I think it is important to keep all partys keep in check or we stand to go through another assault from the anti hunters.
As for working their asses off. I don't know a single hound hunter that is not over weight. How do they work their asses off and stay 75 pounds over weight?
By using a motorized vehicle to cheat!
Ron

Obviously you have never followed hounds on a chase
hump.gif
hump.gif

I would suggest that you do and then come and post.
Until then????
wink.gif

The blanket statements you make in your previous post completly ruin any credibility you may have had.
What are some of the different ways you like to do things?
I can come right back and say that your way is for fat assed sissies and should be stopped
eek.gif

Would that be a fair statement? Or would I be stereotyping alot of good hard hunting people?
footinmouth.gif

Idaho Ron, I agree with you, the law isnt right.

I've hunted with a few houndsmen, some were pretty hard core about it and pretty good hunters. Others, well, lets just say once was enough.

For starters, I only know 2 houndsmen that ever get out of a truck or off an atv or sled to look for tracks. Those are also the same 2 that tree a lot of cats and kill large cats on a regular basis. They also park their trucks and turn the dogs loose on the track, then follow from where they turn the dogs loose. A vast majority dont do that, most drive up and down roads to shorten the distance to a tree, probably the same people who road hunt all year from ATV's.

Once again, forcing compliance of the existing law wont affect the real houndsmen, only the lazy whiners.

Oh, and before you claim I've never trailed dogs, I have. I killed a cat several years ago with a buddy who has hounds and ran some others. While it is fairly physical, it isnt nearly as tough as packing elk quarters for several miles, IMO.

buzz your right about= <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I've hunted with a few houndsmen, some were pretty hard core about it and pretty good hunters. Others, well, lets just say once was enough.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Anybody who goes through the work and expense of raising hounds is usually pretty dedicated.
The expense alone is enough to keep most out of the game, When you figure in the work of caring for and feeding it pretty much eliminates the rest.
bird hunters on the other hand can raise one or two dogs and treat them as the family pet.

Ron, you've got too much time on your hands. Enough of this senseless whimpering, or I'll sick the Yetti on you.

Michaelr, I have SEVERAL friends with hounds, And I have hunted with them. You still have not proven a point.
What are some of the things I like to do? WEll I like to back pack for late season bulls, Hunt WILD chukar miles from the road, And help kids get bigger animals than most men like you will ever see.
I am sure there are good hound hunters and bad ones. But the law is the law I hope the bad ones are held accountable.
Greenhorn, that is a funny one. Where has ol yetty been? Molesting some under age girls?
Ron

Actually Ron, the Yetti is working on his masters degree at Boise State. He's in the Health and Human Development department and his thesis apparently requires a lot of field research.

Unfortunately he uses a vehicle to track down and lure attractive young specimens into captivity where he studies them for his school project. He's good at what he does. I've seen him in action myself.

Is the use of the vehicle unethical to pursue these non-game species?

Quail hunter, I know who Casey is. I don't know him personally or how he hunts. I see him at the store in the mornings and say high.
Michaelr, That is a pretty good buck. While I do not believe I was pounding my chest. You seem to be doing a little pounding of something. I know one guy here that left his dog out over night and I found it. I called him up, and he said "take it out and shoot it" It was his son's dog and I guess he didn't like it! I don't think leaving a dog out to die is very humane is it? Yes the guy is one of your dedicated hound hunters. I don't know if he chases hounds with off road vehicles or not. I am willing to bet he does!Since you want a pissing match like a couple of dogs I am sure their are others that can post even bigger animals.
It still won't make it right to chase hounds with a motorized vehicle.
You got to show your picture so I will show you, some pictures.
Here are some of my daughter. She is 12 in the deer pic and 13 in the elk pic.
fc9a2565.jpg

fc9a256a.jpg

If you need to see me in some here you go
fbe87d24.jpg

fbe87d28.jpg

fbe87d2b.jpg

Green horn, the use of a motorized vehicle for non-game two legged deer are allowed. The best way for the hunter to see how good he is is to use a crap mobile. That way the hunter can test him self, and his method.
Using a sweet ride only tests the ride not the hunter.
biggrin.gif

Ron

hey pal,
I aint the one who made the "LAME" comment
It was you!
eek.gif

I was only pointing out the fact that you are stereotyping all houndsmen as lazy no good law breakers. Kind of like others do with ranchers, loggers, ect ect.
And that just isn't right.

Nice critters!
smile.gif

I especially like to see youngsters being involved.
Were those critters taken here in Idaho?

Idaho Ron,
Next time you run into Casey, now this Casey is a very big guy so if we are talking about the same one do me a favor and say hello from Phil!
I worked with him in Elko for a few years and if the way he worked is any indication of the type of lion hunter he is then he's a keeper.
I know he was'nt charging for lion hunts he just took people for the chance to hunt.
He made money selling his lion dogs.
Take a moment and talk to him, one thing for sure he won't bullshit you , he is one guy that tells it like it is!
I bought a Cheasapeke from him for geese and ducks and it was a great dog.
anyhow just thought I'd let you know a little bit about him.
edited to say: great pictures!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-17-2003 11:39: Message edited by: quail hunter ]</font>

QH, That is him He is a BIG man, with a beard, and glasses. I see him the most in the winter. That is when I am leaving early for bird hunting and he is heading out to lion hunt. I will let him know you said hi.
Ron

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back