Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

The ultimate venison burger

Looks like some fat added to the grind. My son added some beef fat to a buck he took this season and it made delicious burger. Absolutely no gaminess whatsoever..good binder also.

Richard, looks tasty but I'd be wearing those tomatoes on my shirt the rest of the day.

Last edited:
I had venison burgers last night. I had grilled onions, jalapeño mustard, dill pickles and cheese on a toasted bun. it was Delish!

I should have put a '?' behind the title!
Gherkins would be a good addition.
Any other suggestions?
I have some minced venison mixed with pork in my freezer, i won't defrost it until i have all the ingredients in the video and yours on here.
Cheers
Richard

I never add any fat to mine during processing.. I like to eat venison because it's a lot healthier than beef. Although I do like a straight venison burger, I do occasionally cut up some bacon and work it into the mix, especially if sharing it with company who may be a little more picky than I am. Hard to beat a Venison/Bacon Cheeseburger with homegrown tomatoes, onions, pickles and mayo IMO.

I always add some fat to deer or elk burger, about 10%. Otherwise it's just too dry and will not hold together to form a patty.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back