The Storms of Life

@Big Fin , this (for me) is one of the most anticipated Fresh Tracks+ episodes because of everything that you guys went through!
Chomping at the bit to watch it. Based on everything that went into this one, it will be a 10+ episode binge watching by the HT community.

@Big Fin , this (for me) is one of the most anticipated Fresh Tracks+ episodes because of everything that you guys went through!
Chomping at the bit to watch it. Based on everything that went into this one, it will be a 10+ episode binge watching by the HT community.
Editors are working on it now. They have a finalized deadline of February 4th. Hopefully we meet that deadline, but with half the crew home sick this week, we've got challenges ahead to meet that deadline date.

Wow that's an old goat for an old goat! Congrats.

How are the steaks? :)
So far, nothing to get real excited about. Might be my cooking talents. I have given a front shoulder to Burch Barrel at their request and they are going to have us over for a feast when their chefs get it ready. Also holding a boned in quarter for @jryoung to work over with his considerable talents. If those two can't make it work, it is beyond repair.

Editors are working on it now. They have a finalized deadline of February 4th. Hopefully we meet that deadline, but with half the crew home sick this week, we've got challenges ahead to meet that deadline date.

So far, nothing to get real excited about. Might be my cooking talents. I have given a front shoulder to Burch Barrel at their request and they are going to have us over for a feast when their chefs get it ready. Also holding a boned in quarter for @jryoung to work over with his considerable talents. If those two can't make it work, it is beyond repair.
no matter what, it will be awesome! Appreciate you sharing it with us.

Better than wolf?

Better than how I cooked wolf, but not better than how Corey from Burch Barrel cooked wolf. The amazing job he did with the wolf put him to the front of the line when it came to requests for a goat shoulder.

Congrats Randy, fantastic write up and a great "old goat"! I'm on Hunt Talk almost every day, and I can't believe this post went 24 pages before I saw it.

I'm with you 100% on waiting until November to shoot a goat. To me the long hair is half of the trophy.

With snow comng late this year, this was a great year to wait. Some of your pictures look very familiar to where I shot my goat back in '78. I also skinned my goat completely out for a full mount, and my taxidermist (Larry Altimus) wanted to do a full mount so bad that he dropped the price of a full mount to $900. I didn't have room then so I only had him do a half mount. I've kicked myself ever since. And put in for another goat tag every year since without drawing!

Prayers are with your Mom. I didn't have chemo, but I did have 9 weeks of radiation treatments last spring/summer, so I know a little of what she is going through.

Again, congrats on your hunt! Is Jerry doing the mount?

@buffybr Yeah, Jerry is doing the mount. He told me he's gonna need a lot of clay to fill out the form to match the size of the hide. It is a remarkable animal, the likes of which I'll never replicate in my remaining hunting days.
Was he in good body and tooth condition? Given his age, I could believe he might have been a bit short on teeth and low on body fat - or not. Sounds like a true trophy. I'd like to taste one someday, but I don't see that happening.

Was he in good body and tooth condition? Given his age, I could believe he might have been a bit short on teeth and low on body fat - or not. Sounds like a true trophy. I'd like to taste one someday, but I don't see that happening.

No fat, no teeth. Well, two and a half teeth. Completely emaciated in the hinds. Odds are winter would have taken him soon.

You know I totally missed this adventure Randy. So sorry I was out hunting every day during you great Goat hunt.

Congrats on an outstanding hunt. Hope you mom gets better. Been there done that.

RW

Great billy to take, may have not made it another winter! Congratulations

You going to be at sheep show Randy ?

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back