Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

The shootings just won't stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know the answer to this and it's not its not exactly something easy to have trusty Google answer for you but I've often wondered if we even do have a problem with gun violence. Hear me out.

Our US population has skyrocketed over the last 100 years and therefore, gun violence should as well. So per capita, I wonder how it would compare. I've read books and seen movies/shows about the mobsters of the 20s and 30s and the drug empires of the 70s.

I found this from the Pew research center that helps paint a picture.

Screenshot_20220704-173600_Chrome.jpg

I think we've been instructed lately several times that this is a forum for discussions about public lands, hunting, fishing, etc. Let's not piss the Big Guy (no, not that one, the good one) off again. There's always FB, Twitter, etc. Happy Independence Day!

I don't know the answer to this and it's not its not exactly something easy to have trusty Google answer for you but I've often wondered if we even do have a problem with gun violence. Hear me out.

Our US population has skyrocketed over the last 100 years and therefore, gun violence should as well. So per capita, I wonder how it would compare. I've read books and seen movies/shows about the mobsters of the 20s and 30s and the drug empires of the 70s.

I found this from the Pew research center that helps paint a picture.

View attachment 228600
Note that this is per 100000 capita. So even if the rate in the graph stays roughly the same, the total number of incidents can drastically go up if the population goes up 25% during that time like it has. Media also is much easier to get information out than it was in 1970 for people to know about it even. Hell this event happened this morning, I'm way out in the boonies and thanks to HT I found out about it...

Social media is working quick to delete his videos. He also had a channel on YouTube with what I guess they call rap these days. The video and lyrics for “toy solider” were a pretty good preview of what he was planning to do. That account has also been terminated.

I’m going to go out on the limb and say that his family knew that he was very unstable and probably saw a lot of the warning signs and just chose not to except them.

Just saw a picture of the guy.
If he was trying to get me to help him push his jeep in the pizza place parking lot, I would probably still help him, but I’d be on guard while doing so.

I know we aren’t supposed to judge people by their appearance, but if you throw his face in the collage with all of the other mass shooters, he will fit right in.

More laws and gun regulations won’t change the situation in our country, people with a broken thought process can’t be regulated, or controlled, only jailed after they choose to act on there thoughts and cross the moral boundary line . Nobody wakes up one day and just does this, it’s a gradual process where they embrace dark thoughts and choose not to resist them and over time, generally years there heart becomes dark and harden where they no longer feel remorse and they become lost mentally. And can on longer see the line between right and wrong. By the time they put thoughts into action they’ve been gone mentally for awhile. That’s kinda how I perceive these type of people
Do you think we should have more red-flag laws? Should he have been highlighted for comments or the video he posted and an LEO sent to the home? Are we discussion violating a person's rights on the 1A or the 2A. I'm sure there are lot of people posting sick thoughts on the internet but they don't follow through. Then you have to determine who gets to decide how reasonably imminent the danger is. I'm not sure the answers on this stuff but something has to change.

Do you think we should have more red-flag laws? Should he have been highlighted for comments or the video he posted and an LEO sent to the home? Are we discussion violating a person's rights on the 1A or the 2A. I'm sure there are lot of people posting sick thoughts on the internet but they don't follow through. Then you have to determine who gets to decide how reasonably imminent the danger is. I'm not sure the answers on this stuff but something has to change.

I’m not really sure what the answer is I know that we have a broken society and a broken society produces broken people, I’m sure there’s always something more regulation wise but at the end of the day people always slip through the cracks or nobody sees it coming , And if somebody wants a gun bad enough they’ll get it regardless of whether the law will not allow them to purchase one.

Went on Twitter (which I only do out of morbid curiosity) and have found many people who are able to confidently assert the shooter was either ANTIFA or MAGA.
He wasn't MAGA, he has the Antifa rose tat on his neck. His dad ran for Mayor as a Democrat in 2019. Put his picture in the collage of Antifa arrestees and he blends right in.

1656973705129.jpg

I think we've been instructed lately several times that this is a forum for discussions about public lands, hunting, fishing, etc. Let's not piss the Big Guy (no, not that one, the good one) off again. There's always FB, Twitter, etc. Happy Independence Day!
You are correct. Should have thought better about posting this. Guess I tied it in with gun control in general. If the powers that be deem it off limits I am fine with locking it.

Another idjit screaming for attention and people not responding to the threats. Know about for months and longer from what’s being reported already.

Ok, let's see what we can do. We've toss the 1st and 5th amendment out into the trash, god forbid we touch the 2nd on a 150+ year old document. It's to taboo to even talk about it. I'm surprised their isn't a 50 shades of 2nd out there. We've stripped women's rights away and you now are don't have the right to clean air or water. Man, what a start to the Summer it's been. Oh and the police shot another unarmed black man 60 times in Ohio.

Ok, let's see what we can do. We've toss the 1st and 5th amendment out into the trash, god forbid we touch the 2nd on a 150+ year old document. It's to taboo to even talk about it. I'm surprised their isn't a 50 shades of 2nd out there. We've stripped women's rights away and you now are don't have the right to clean air or water. Man, what a start to the Summer it's been. Oh and the police shot another unarmed black man 60 times in Ohio.
Wow somebody’s had a bad last week. Nobody’s tossing amendments out. Women still have rights. There’s still plenty of clean air and water. Leave the 2nd amendment alone just like all the other ones.

6lsg4l.jpg

Edit- no disrespect to @SaskHunter or @Sask hunter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back