The shootings just won't stop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our country does not have strict gun laws by any definition. Make the weapons capable of these atrocities illegal for untrained civilians to own. We're never going to be a great country until human lives are valued by law, and "well regulated" is the chant of 2A advocates.
Yeah, and what we really need is a law that says you can’t murder human beings. Wait a second, we already have that. My bad.

It’s messed up. Something’s gotta give, just don’t know what.
For starters though, shooter identity shouldn’t be made public, ever. They should get zero notoriety and simply be made to rot in prison in perpetuity.
I know not everyone is a fan but the death penalty may need an express lane for these cases. No public information to make him a household name, straight to the chair the next morning. We don’t need a tax drain for the rest of his life with cable and 3 squares a day and we don’t need attorneys making a mint to figure out he’s bat shit crazy with a public trial for the media…

I know not everyone is a fan but the death penalty may need an express lane for these cases. No public information to make him a household name, straight to the chair the next morning. We don’t need a tax drain for the rest of his life with cable and 3 squares a day and we don’t need attorneys making a mint to figure out he’s bat shit crazy with a public trial for the media…
Need that for more than just mass shooters. The ones aren't on death row should be putting in a full day's work and then some.

No public information to make him a household name

For the most part, these guys have mental health issues and want to be idolized by others like them/incels.

Mental health issues aside, having a media ban on publishing their names/pictures after they've been arrested/killed as well as any manifesto or social media posts, would probably do more than anything else...

Death penalty for these deals won't slow it down a bit. Its just another feel good piece of legislation that won't work.

The people that do these things, they don't expect to live...and very few do. Either killed by police or kill themselves.

Pretty tough to "threaten" someone with the death penalty when they've already rationalized in their minds that they're going out in a blaze of glory.

Our country does not have strict gun laws by any definition. Make the weapons capable of these atrocities illegal for untrained civilians to own. We're never going to be a great country until human lives are valued by law, and "well regulated" is the chant of 2A advocates.
I'm all for laws that will make us safer, but which weapons are you referring to? Other than Las Vegas, I can't think of another shooting where the casualty numbers couldn't be easily replicated with a pump shotgun or 9mm pistol. These tunnel vision ideas are what will get us no where. Another problem you can thank the media for

Death penalty for these deals won't slow it down a bit. Its just another feel good piece of legislation that won't work.

The people that do these things, they don't expect to live...and very few do. Either killed by police or kill themselves.

Pretty tough to "threaten" someone with the death penalty when they've already rationalized in their minds that they're going out in a blaze of glory.
Probably right about that, but nevertheless. It's better than us supplying the ones who do live with, well much of anything really

For the most part, these guys have mental health issues and want to be idolized by others like them/incels.

Mental health issues aside, having a media ban on publishing their names/pictures after they've been arrested/killed as well as any manifesto or social media posts, would probably do more than anything else...
Unfortunately that will have to be done by the conscience of the media outlets. The 1st amendment is probably the most guarded of all amendments

I don’t think it’s death that’s the threat, it’s removing their publicity. It may not make a difference but neither is what we’re doing now

Can't believe that I'm saying this but I agree; these folks are trying to commit suicide while going out in a big way. Any punishment by death penalty won't be a deterrent to them.

Assault weapons are already banned in this area. It has some of the most restrictive gun laws in the nation. Very wealthy, very blue area. I know this will shock you, but people willing to commit the ultimate crime of murder don't worry about violating any silly ol gun laws.

I don’t think it’s death that’s the threat, it’s removing their publicity. It may not make a difference but neither is what we’re doing now
Pretty tough to read the headlines about yourself when you're dead...

Its not publicity they want either...you can't apply rational thought to an irrational person's actions.

It’s messed up. Something’s gotta give, just don’t know what.
For starters though, shooter identity shouldn’t be made public, ever. They should get zero notoriety and simply be made to rot in prison in perpetuity.
I've been saying this for a long time. but I like to switch it up a bit and think any masss shooter should be called the man with the smallest penis. you gotta make it so these bastards don't want to be remembered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dfair2798
Back