The Other Football

Cheesehead

Sitting here watching France vs Germany and knowing that World Cup 2022 madness will be started up before long...

Any soccer fans out there? What’s your team?

Might stake the claim for general World Cup trash talk here...or might just be me and the crickets, lol

I'm a big fan of the game. Have been since I started plying as a kid the first year the YMCA brought it to the area. I'll watch any good game and I watch a lot of the world cup but I don't have a favorite team besides the US national teams and I don't really keep track of the individual players.

This is what happens when your team is gradually losing Aaron Rodgers...transition to your other sport. ;)

Sitting here watching France vs Germany and knowing that World Cup 2022 madness will be started up before long...

Might stake the claim for general World Cup trash talk here...or might just be me and the crickets, lol
Been playing for as long as I can remember.. My team just lost today :( and Mia san Mia!

To me it’s not really the other football it is THE football!
Lifelong Juventus fan here. Thankful to have seen them play against Inter in Milan the spring before the pandemic. What an amazing experience the San Siro was during a game like that. Was absolute madness…

Hoping the Azzurri pull off the 2021 Euro Cup. I think they have a good chance and looked solid against Turkey on Friday.

As for the World Cup, the last one was a real disappointment with both my teams, the USA and the Italy Azzurri failing to qualify. Hopefully next one will be a different story!

This forum certainly has a regular ragtag band of misfits, ne’er-do-wellls, and degenerates. Half of whom ate lead paint chips as children. Sometimes I suspect the other half still does. ;)

It’s unbelievable how many young soccer fans there are out there. I am not saying baseball or football will disappear. I am saying there is a reason why it’s the worlds most popular sport. I personally have grown to love the timeliness of the games and lack of commercials. The game flow is so much better than most sports.

The different league levels, different tournaments, and most of all relegation makes the Premier League fascinating. No more “tanking or rebuilding.” The bottom four out of twenty get sent to the minor leagues and the best four in the minors move up. Absolutely brilliant!

Myself...Liverpool all the way!

When I was in 3rd grade my parents adopted a boy my age from El Salvador, he played soccer, I played baseball, my folks made us learn eachother's sport. We both ended up playing baseball until college and soccer through college, it's a great sport. About 1/3 of the guys on our high school soccer team played football in the fall and then switched over into our winter soccer season, it was fun to watch them suffer for the first couple weeks after football as they got in running shape again, and they liked playing soccer because contrary to our school's football program-we actually won things :ROFLMAO:

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back