The Other Football

Euro Cup is my favorite tournament, the best teams by and large are in Europe, and this is the best of those best. Now, Tour de France is underway, so work days are doubly painful and there isn't enough time left in the remainder of the day to catch all the replays.

Used to referee, then coached high school soccer for seven years. Really love the game as a fan, and now there are no parents to deal with.

Absolutely fantastic. The kind of games that make me love soccer
Absolutely. Seems like the tournament is lighting up in the later stages. Yesterday's matches produced 14 goals. That's unbelievable. Heavyweights France, Portugal, Netherlands, and Croatia have already been knocked out.
it's great that one of Czech or Denmark would go to semis. But I've got a feeling that Spain might end up winning Euros like how Chelsea won the UCL. But I really hope they don't.

Absolutely. Seems like the tournament is lighting up in the later stages. Yesterday's matches produced 14 goals. That's unbelievable. Heavyweights France, Portugal, Netherlands, and Croatia have already been knocked out.
it's great that one of Czech or Denmark would go to semis. But I've got a feeling that Spain might end up winning Euros like how Chelsea won the UCL. But I really hope they don't.
Yes, fantastic sport the last few days!

Also, one of Germany or England will get knocked out today.
England are going to have to show up and play to their potential, or Germany will just wear them down. England seems to again have the opportunity to grasp defeat in the face of victory, based upon their consistent ability to field a team of talent and potential that plays like they showed up tired and unimaginative.

Homefield for England helps I think, and a keeper on fire in Jordon Pickford for the win.

Harry Kane is a great opportunity maker and finisher. Something that Mueller used to be for Germany.

Homefield for England helps I think, and a keeper on fire in Jordon Pickford for the win.

Harry Kane is a great opportunity maker and finisher. Something that Mueller used to be for Germany.
Mueller has definitely lost a step n will be glad to see Low leave

Eng vs Germany was a game of equals, I felt. Thanks to the tactical formation of England, they were able to stop the German flanks on the tracks. This was where Santos utterly failed Portugal. His formation, tactics, and players were all wrong on that night against Germany.
Wrt to the game, Muller's miss was heartbreaking but take a bow Shaw and Sterling. They were absolutely sensational. Shaw is very underrated in this England team, I feel.

I think the real deal though was Ukraine reaching quarters. Can't point the exact reason, but I feel so happy for them. It could be because of Putin's dirty military harassment before the Euros, but whatever it is, they have been sensational.

Italy on to the semi finals!!

Attachments

• FFDD1A49-E0B0-4364-9C6A-0C7DFFE20577.png
    FFDD1A49-E0B0-4364-9C6A-0C7DFFE20577.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Thrilled that the Azzurri are moving on, but I did feel bad for the Swiss today. They should have gone through against Spain if it wasn't for that BS straight red. What a crap call that was...

Back