The mysterious case of the missing 30/06 ammunition.

my only hunting rifle is a 30-06

I have been stressed about having enough ammo for this fall since finishing up last hunting season. Luckily one of my friends parents in co springs has a huge stash and pulled out some 165 grain for me.

I honestly have a lot of 30-06 ammo, but I don’t have enough of anyone one weight to re sight in and feel like ive got enough left for a season.

Super annoying
Same boat here. A few years ago I finally settled on a round that I like (Federal 165gr trophy copper 30-06). It seems like that particular option might even be discontinued. I have not seen that box once (even online) since this business started. I have other boxes of other stuff. I can buy other boxes of similar stuff. But I like what I shoot, have enough to get me through this fall. If I were to make a switch to something similar, I'd like to buy a box of new stuff and see how it shoots before deciding to stock up on it, but with flakey availability it seems like that doesn't make sense. For now, I'm gonna shoot what I got left only for hunting and shoot up some of that other stuff for practice/checking zero.

If anyone has some boxes of that 165gr trophy copper they want to offload, lemme know!

Supply of factory 30-06 seems to be getting better but still tough. Anything in 165 gr is very rare. I suggest reloading. Seems to be a fair amount of 4350 powder and Hornady cup and core bullets available. Primers are tough to find but improving.
"Improving" suggests that you occaisionally find them. Have you been able to find large rifle primers lately? I have not laid eyes on a single one since this nonsense started. I'm ok for this season, but worried about next year, unless I can find some damn CCI 200's...

My SIL drew an antelope tag as a NR and will be hunting with me and the regular bunch. He hasn't hunted in awhile. I told him to buy what his rifle likes when he finds it. If not, off to the basement. mtmuley

bulkammo has been my go to since the 2020 shitfest. Ammo to go has been steady as well. It's definitely not as cheap as it was back in the day, but really......How much of a box do you go through in a season. I shot a box and a half last year with zero'ing the rifle and actual hunting. There's even .243 which I had a helluva time locating the last two years.

Same boat here. A few years ago I finally settled on a round that I like (Federal 165gr trophy copper 30-06). It seems like that particular option might even be discontinued. I have not seen that box once (even online) since this business started. I have other boxes of other stuff. I can buy other boxes of similar stuff. But I like what I shoot, have enough to get me through this fall. If I were to make a switch to something similar, I'd like to buy a box of new stuff and see how it shoots before deciding to stock up on it, but with flakey availability it seems like that doesn't make sense. For now, I'm gonna shoot what I got left only for hunting and shoot up some of that other stuff for practice/checking zero.

If anyone has some boxes of that 165gr trophy copper they want to offload, lemme know!
This round is still listed at FederalPremium (dot) com along with the 180gr. Both "unavailable", but you can set up an email notification for each too. You'd be letting them know that a buyer is seeking it and setting up a alert too.

(I'm having the same experience with finding Trophy Copper, 270WSM, 130gr too)

The ongoing shortage is why I went to reloading. Now I only have to find components!

Lots of 30-06 at our local mall (Scheels) yesterday. Not just the blue and green boxes either.

Back