IMR 4350 to H4350 in 30-06

Correct! That perfect ammo will get it done!!

Still not related to his question.

But actually, depending on the sport, perfect ammo can be a requirement.

Additionally, 2-3 MOA can be plenty to take game at distances beyond what most hunters are willing to shoot, but if you know anything about tolerance stacking or compounding error, you can see the value in having an accurate rifle, a reliable scope, and excellent ammunition, because in a hunting situation you’re still going to have error in your range finding, wind estimation, shooting position, nerves etc. There’s nothing wrong with trying to get a hunting gun into the .5-1MOA range.

Nonetheless, he didn’t ask about accuracy, or blame some animal he missed on his load. He asked a reloading question. Your answer demonstrated both your arrogance and your ignorance.

My personal choice for the 30-06 is H4350, I've found from all my range sessions, with both extremes of the weather spectrum,( I've gone to the range at 15 degrees and winds howling and when it's been 100 degrees with the humidity being just below the point that it would be raining, plus everything in between), and have found H4350 to be most consistent in velocity of all other powders I have tried. No extreme spreads in either direction, I've either gained 10-15fps or lost lost 10-15fps, depending on the outside temps.

I’m a big fan of H4350 but it’s kinda hard to find right now. I’ve found an acceptable replacement in IMR 4451. I’ve seen testing that indicates it performs pretty well with temp swings.

I’m a big fan of H4350 but it’s kinda hard to find right now. I’ve found an acceptable replacement in IMR 4451. I’ve seen testing that indicates it performs pretty well with temp swings.
I bought some IMR 4451 and have found the same results as you. My son's 30-06 shoots it well.

No idea what is going on with people these days. For some reason, some people are always looking to criticize and put others down. Sorry for that.

I have used several different powders for 30-06. IMR 4350 is one of the best. With a good case fill, velocity loss will be negligible. Don't let the modern "experts", and internet ninjas, convince you otherwise. You stated the load worked well until you got a chronograph. Don't let the numbers sway you as long as the rifle shoots accurately throughout the temperature ranges.

A quick example: My 30-06 (older Remington 700 w/ 22" barrel) handloads fire a 168 grain TTSX at 2800FPS. Drop at 400 yards is 21.76". The same load at 2650FPS drops 24.67". The total difference in drop is less than 3", even with 150FPS velocity change. If it shoots accurately, go shoot it!

Back