Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

The Chainsaw Gang Looks Happy

"Paul,
I have no problem with others than myself making a living. In fact, I bust my butt every day, trying to create other high-paying jobs for people in Idaho and other places."

Elkgunner,
Maybe time for a little inlightment on just what you do for a living and the groups you support.
It seems you dropped in just in time to try to give Ithaca a boost.
Any connection?

Idaho had some good paying jobs that left towns and familys in place.
Now we need people to create good paying jobs that fit there ideas of how everyone should live?
It's really funny how some of you think you can shut down most logging run off the rancher's stop grazing and anything except light recreation and then bring in job's to replace those that have been lost.

More good paying job's bring in more people that will need to use more of the resorce's you seem to be fighting to shut down.
Or is that the idea,to displace the people that you and Ithaca feel are not as good as yourself's ?
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Elkgunner,

I'm not sure how you came to the conclusion that I was being defensive. I just asked you for some information. You are the one that brought this up. Remember your post?

"Is the Potlach mill up in Lewiston an example of "Wise Use" or is it an example of destroying the habitat on the Snake, and killing my opportunity to fish for Salmon and Steelhead? If you defend the Potlach Mill, you are an Anti-."

You offered to send the report. I accepted your offer and thanked you. Are you now retracting the offer?

Please give me your opinion as to exactly how the Lewiston Mill is "killing your opportunity to fish for Salmon and Steelhead".

"As typical, Paul's post was about the "money"!!!

Paul's post's are all about the money? LOL
All this time I though you and Ithaca were complaning about the "Welfare Rancher's" and the MONEY we lose on grazing.

Busting your butt to Bring in HIGH paying JOB's?
Forgive me for being so stupid, but isnt that all about the MONEY?
If it isnt,im sure alot of those rancher's & logger's would be more then happy to keep there lower paying job's and go back to raising there family's .
I dont think Paul is as concerned about bring in more high paying job's as he is about trying to keep town's and family's together that are being hurt by all the green group's that THINK they know what's best for everyone.
What type of HIGH paying job's are you trying to bring to the rancher's in the Owyhee's ,or town's like Salmon Idaho when people like yourself ,Ithaca & Jon Marvel have there way in killing those job's?
Or do you feel as Jon Marvel & Ithaca does that those people are not worth anything ?

Not all job's and live's can be replaced by opening a burger joint and taking rich folk's out to see the wolve's.

Tell us how it's not all about MONEY!!!!!!
What is it you DO?
confused.gif
confused.gif

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-27-2003 08:50: Message edited by: Muledeer4me ]</font>

The GW plan is a farce, plain and simple.

Check this out from the above:

"Approximately 90 million acres of our nation´s public forests are at risk of catastrophic wildfire, including more than 22 million roadless acres (8 million in Idaho alone).

Today, public support nationwide for thinning and managing our forests to reduce the threat of catastrophic wildfire is solid. The people do not support leaving our forests in their current unhealthy condition and want action to fix the problem."

This is almost laughable, in particular the part about the "strong" public support of managing forests. I think these are also the same people who "strongly" support tax cuts and reduction of funding to agencies like the BLM, FS, NRCS, etc.

I wonder how they propose to "reduce" the threat of fire and start managing the forests when there isnt sufficient funding to do the job?

I wonder if these same strong supporters are going to have the balls to pony up the $$$ to see that the woods are properly managed? I dont think anyone is thinking about what they are saying...reducing the threat of fire on 90 million acres of federal land???

The type of money and manpower that kind of task would take is so far out of reality that its almost not worth even arguing about.

I'll be putting my money on the wildfires doing the job...way cheaper, way quicker and more realistic...and you dont have the politics, lawsuits, etc. to deal with.

I say fund the purchase of more drip torches.

"I'll be putting my money on the wildfires doing the job...way cheaper, way quicker and more realistic...and you dont have the politics, lawsuits, etc. to deal with."

Buzzy, I have to agree with you on that comment. The only problem is the big ones out there waiting to happen that we've created over the years by deciding we need to put out every small one.

Bullhound you wont be getting any arguement out of me on that comment. I agree, fire suppression is a joke.

I cant tell you how many times I busted my ass all year putting out fires in the summer...and then turning around and lighting them in the fall and spring.

Let it burn.

MD- What did the farmers in So. ID when farming the marginal lands (no irrigation) do when they went bust and thier farms had to be rehabilitated by the Fed. Gov. which now manages them as National Grasslands?

I am not against grazing on public, if it is done in a manner that does not degredate the land. FWIW, I had the pleasure this week of counting trespass cows on a BLM allotment that is to be managed for wildlife habitat. They have been there for over a month! What do we do with that permittee? Let him go about bidness like daddy did?

MD, are you, or ranchers, fighting for my right to be able to retire with Social Security benefits? I doubt it. I'm fine with that, because I have the foresight to see that I can't base my retirement on a publicly owned resource. I know this is a weak analogy, but I don't feel sorry for the ranchers that are so reliant on public lands that they cannot stand to change their practices even though it's not good for the land. The ones that will make it, and have been for years, are those that use the public land as a supplement to their program and not their whole livlihood.

Yo Bullhound,

I could have sworn it was you that brought up chemicals in the river, from the Mill. Were you not the person who posted: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Please tell me exactly what the Potlatch mill in Lewiston is putting in the river. Please advise me as to what chemicals are entering the river and the amount. Could you give an estimate in "parts per million" with respect to samples pulled from the river <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
If you care to read thru this thread, the first mention of Chemicals in the River from the Mill is YOUR post of 06-25-2003 09:32
rolleyes.gif
Maybe you forgot...?

I took the money I was going to spend on copying and mailing the 199 pages to you, and am making an additional donation to Idaho Rivers United in your honor. Just think, you did something to help clean up the Snake River. Idaho Rivers United

So, if you still need the NOAA report, as you must not be able to get it from the Mill, then here is the Link. If you can't find it that way, then let me know, and I can walk you through the process.
Bullhound, Click Here, and soon you too will have Information about the Mill in Lewiston.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 06-27-2003 20:04: Message edited by: Elkgunner ]</font>

MD,
Bless your heart, that is very sweet for you to take such an interest in me, and what I do for a living. It kind of reminds me of when I was a young lad, sitting at Grandma's table at her ranch, eating cookies and milk, and telling her about my adventures. Thanks for bringing up such warm and fond memories.
smile.gif

Well,here is just a bit of what I do and how I live. You see...
I have a mansion
Forget the price
Ain't never been there
They tell me it's nice

I live in hotels
Tear out the walls
I have accountants
Pay for it all

They say I'm crazy
But I have a good time
I'm just looking for clues
At the scene of the crime
Life's been good to me so far

My Maserati does 185
I lost my license
Now I don't drive
I have a limo
Ride in the back
I lock the doors
In case I'm attacked

I'm making records
My fans they can't wait
They write me letters
Tell me I'm great
So I got me an office
Gold records on the wall
Just leave a message
Maybe I'll call

Lucky I'm sane
After all I've been through
Everybody says I'm cool
I can't complain
But sometimes I still do
Life's been good
To me so far

I go to parties
Sometimes until four
It's hard to leave
When you Can't find the door
It's tough to handle
This fortune and fame
Everybody's so different
I haven't changed

They say I'm lazy
But it takes all my time
Everybody says
Oh yeah (Oh yeah)
I keep on going
Guess I'll never know why
Life's been good To me so far

That is all fine and dandy Elkgunner, but I see the questions asked of you to be honest and sincere, and all you do is come back with snide comments or meaningless lyrics, or dance around an issue that you start. Do you really understand what makes the "True" economy of a country or any entity for that matter work?
I ask in all sincerity, what kind of jobs it is that you are creating, or helping to create, that is not an actual drain on society in one way or another, or is this just another ploy to make us believe that you are just doing your part?
Another question, why is it any different to utilize a product produced some where else or actually in your own back yard? Do you think the products you used every day are produced in a more environmentally sound way just because you can’t see the process, or is it just because then you don't have to see the lie? I have seen this type of thinking permeate or whole country and it is a pollution that really needs to be curbed.
I don’t say any of this with malus, or ill intent, I am just trying to see exactly where you are coming from with out you dancing around the questions like a politician or lawyer trying to justify some thing in their own minds and getting every one else to believe it also…
smile.gif

Elkgunner,

So I can't spell, sue me. Tell Moosie to include spell check if it bothers you so much. While your dealing out spelling lessons, learn how to spell Ithaca.

Elkchaser,

Gunner is not as dumb as he appears to be. He understands the enviro nut game and how it is played in a capitalist society. Use law, lawsuits, lawyers, protests, terrorist activities, what ever it takes, to make the activity that he dislikes, not profitable. Sooner or later the persons involved in those activities (evil people who work to feed, house, clothe, put gas in your tank, bring electricty and heat to your door step, ect, ect, ect) either give up or go broke.

Paul

"This is almost laughable, in particular the part about the "strong" public support of managing forests." LOL

Buzz,I agree with alot in your post .Let er burn,just dont lock all the gate's.

But the strong public support part I had to chuckle over.
It's the flip side of the Strong public support on re-introducing the wolf
wink.gif
It goes to show you any side can come up with strong public support for what they want to do.

Elkgunner,good song.
I really dont care much for how big or small of a house you live in ,or how much money you have or dont have or how well you can type & spell .
Im still intrested in what type of work you do,what type of job's your trying to bring in,how you found this site.
It's really not that big of a deal,most of us have answered that type of question many time's over.
I think most of us are getting the picture
wink.gif
wink.gif
We do understand that some type's of job's might make a person sweat to much to post on a hunting forum.
Another (camo-greenie) in our mist's?
eek.gif
LOL

LOL Paul and Deb!!!
I can tell the way he posts that he is no dummy, just getting him baited in so that we can get a good debate going...
wink.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Hey Paul,

You posted: <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> Gunner is not as dumb as he appears to be. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Again, you make wild-a$$ed statements that you have no basis of knowledge, and represent it as fact. Kind of like your "overwhelming public opinon" statements, you don't have any data/information to back it up. I may be a hell of a lot dumber than I appear. You just don't know. My guess is the only reason I may appear smart, is that others have your posts to compare mine too....
tongue.gif

MD,
Me a camo-greenie? Nahh.... I don't like to wear camo, as I think people who drive around town, go to the Kwik-E-Mart in camo, and other places look like dorks. Typically the only time I wear camo is in the Goose field, and I take the camo off when I leave the field after picking up decoys. And for Elk hunting, just give me some wool pants and my wool coat, and I am good to go. And me a 'Greenie', no-way. Hell, my idea of recycling is throwing my beer cans out along the road.
drool.gif
Nope, not a camo-greenie, just a simple Hunter and Fisherman.

Elkchsr,
Glad to see you are still interested in my job. But, I post in SI not as an employee, owner, consultant, or anything other than as a Hunter and Fisherman and Cattle Owner.

If my job is to wear a cool radio headset, and ask people to pull their car forward, and if they want Fries or to "supersize" that order, are my opinions on Salmon less valuable?

If my job is to perform surgery on Cardiac patients, in hopes of giving them 10 more years of fishing for Steelhead, are my opinons less valuable?

If my job is as a volunteer in our Public School systems, working with migrant kids to help them learn to read and write, are my views of Public Lands ranching less valuable?

If my job is as a General Contractor, building high-end homes, employing very skilled craftsman for one-of-a-kind houses, are my views on dam breaching less valuable?

My job does not define me, it is not who I am. At best, it merely provides me $$$ to do what I do, and how I do it. I love to hunt and fish, and as such, I will do everything I can to provide myself more opportunity for the activity. Ride on my coattails, and you too will have the opportunity.

If you really care what I do, make a roadtrip over to Nampa next fall, and stay at the Hotel d'Moosie. If the timing is right, I'll take you out on one of the best Goose hunting fields in Southern Idaho, and you can ask me all sorts of questions between flocks.

Cheers,

Well said Gunner, no matter what ones employment, it still has a large bearing on who they are and where they come from on their thoughts and inputs on the threads of SI, no one can completely get away from this, it is easier to take refrence on others by their chosen proffession.
wink.gif

The thing that I think is funny about MD wanting to know my background and such is that she is sure there must be some link between you and I. Perhaps even to the point of us being the same person.

I look at our writing styles, and it is obvious we are not. I am a hell of a lot more funny than you are...
biggrin.gif
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

And, if I remember the pictures of you that were posted here, I am also a hell of a lot better looking....
cool.gif

But, you are far more passionate about the topics, and far more educated on the issues. And you also have far wider interests than I do.
redface.gif

Hopefully you will still have either the time or energy to stop in SI, and add your comments, or stir the embers back into the roaring fire.

I am off to Alaska this week for some Salmon fishing, but when I get back, let's meet up, and have lunch. Maybe we can both sign the receipt, so we wil have proof that we are not the same person, for MD.

by the way i had a job picking fly shit out of pepper barrels [but the tough part was i had to wear boxing gloves]

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back