The Bob '20 Elk / Wolf Hunt

You’re tough Sytes. Though you didn’t hunt much, the trip definitely wasn’t short on adventure. The Hunting Gods ought to reward you. Hope your daughter heals up! Thanks for sharing your story.

Charles you're definitely hardheaded & determined! Glad you stayed upright throughout that trip.
And the video..... great evidence you can sled me into some spots bear hunting come spring! I may even be able to nap along the way.... are we there yet? 😁

...or will you pack lighter so all you have on the trail is what is in your pack?
I wasn't sure about the tent choice. Had I taken the bivy or my small pack tent, it would have essentially been an empty sled.

Aside from the 15#'s for the tent/stove, the other items you see are a sleep pad, the 6'x9' blue tarp, my hip/shoulder-strap pack, and I dont think it's visible though it's Scout's dog pack. It holds his daily rations. (Individual tuna packs and dried dog food ziplocks). His pack was shifting too much.

I've managed with a cheaper black sled and the poly runners of this new sled helped immensely! One foot in front of the other.

All that said, I occasionally re-read @Ben Long drop camp hunt and wow! Makes me drool thinking of an enjoyable backcountry Bob hunt that holds every essence of the rugged wilderness hunt w/o the arduous to/from activity.

After this trek, I may prep the sled for firewood duty and set aside $ for a similar hunt.

Thanks everyone for your well wishes towards our daughter.

Stytes, my 2019 Bob hunt was guided, 2-1, not a drop-hunt. It was the first time I've ever had a guided hunt and well worth every penny. Probably the only guided hunt I'll ever do (unless my fortunes change) but one I'll never forget. That's big tough country.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back