Bull of a lifetime, hunt of a lifetime

Ben Long

I'll be writing more about this elsewhere, but I thought you might be interested. This was my 40th Elk Tag (most of which have gone into tag soup.) This year, my childhood hunting buddy and I had a reunion hunt. To make it special, we hired Wilderness Lodge Outfitter to haul us into the Bob Marshall Wilderness. We were there just as a historic fall blizzard was building steam. My buddy Tod called in this bull for me. I shot the bull at 50 yards. I am humbled and thankful.BL TB and BL Bull.jpg The bull is special for many reasons, especially for a public land, over-the-counter hunt.

JMG

Very cool. It’s great you were able to hunt with your childhood hunting buddy in such a beautiful place. Nice bull ... good mass ... dark antlers.

LCH

One of the great adventure hunts. I've only backpacked in the Bob and bear hunted the very edge of it. A pack-in elk hunt would be a OIL type adventure IMO.

Pagosa

That is an amazing bull!! Congratulations and that is a great hunt in beautiful country!! I plan to hunt/hike/fish the Bob some day. Enjoy your trophy and some fine eating. I know he is big, what do you think he will score and how old do you think he was? 345/350? Doesn’t matter, just an beautiful creature.

Mtnhuntr

Fantastic! Love his fronts. Congrats on both a great hunt and time with friends.