Bull of a lifetime, hunt of a lifetime

Ben Long

I'll be writing more about this elsewhere, but I thought you might be interested. This was my 40th Elk Tag (most of which have gone into tag soup.) This year, my childhood hunting buddy and I had a reunion hunt. To make it special, we hired Wilderness Lodge Outfitter to haul us into the Bob Marshall Wilderness. We were there just as a historic fall blizzard was building steam. My buddy Tod called in this bull for me. I shot the bull at 50 yards. I am humbled and thankful.BL TB and BL Bull.jpg The bull is special for many reasons, especially for a public land, over-the-counter hunt.

Very cool. It’s great you were able to hunt with your childhood hunting buddy in such a beautiful place. Nice bull ... good mass ... dark antlers.

One of the great adventure hunts. I've only backpacked in the Bob and bear hunted the very edge of it. A pack-in elk hunt would be a OIL type adventure IMO.

That is an amazing bull!! Congratulations and that is a great hunt in beautiful country!! I plan to hunt/hike/fish the Bob some day. Enjoy your trophy and some fine eating. I know he is big, what do you think he will score and how old do you think he was? 345/350? Doesn’t matter, just an beautiful creature.

Fantastic! Love his fronts. Congrats on both a great hunt and time with friends.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back