Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Texas springtime, i.e rattlers.

There was a segment on poisonous snakebite treatment costs on our local news the other night..they reported the average was just under 40 grand.

Treatment of snake bites will cost you

....note the snakebait comment.

According to the Humane Society of the United States, the costs of treating a rattlesnake bite can range from $15,000 to $40,000.

It depends on how many shots of antivenin you need, whether you need minor surgery, reconstructive surgery or intensive care. And you might need to be airlifted to the hospital, depending on where you are when you get bitten.

The antivenin isn't cheap. There is a new type of antivenin that came on the market in 2000. I am told it goes for $1,000 a shot, and you might need five or six shots, depending on the severity of the bite.

And if your dog or horse should happen to run afoul of a rattler, that's going to cost you, too. I couldn't come up with any firm estimates, but apparently it can run into the thousands.

A vaccine that is supposed to build your pet's immunity to snake venom came out a few years ago, but apparently the veterinary community has varying opinions on how well it works.

And a study came out a few years ago that showed the people most likely to be bitten by a venomous snake are young White adult males who have been drinking. So if you're heading into snake territory, be sure to take along a young White adult male who has been drinking. That way he can take the hit for you.

Maybe it's worth catching a few and milking the venom from them. I wonder what they pay for that. . .

First though, you gotta be able to find their nipples. :)

15 or 40, I'm rubbing dirt on it.:D

...or pushing Miller's drunk white azz out ahead of me.

Its not my picture, I'm going out this weekend though, we'll see if I find any.

This is the last one I got, a while ago now.

Attachments

• rattlesnake04.jpg
    rattlesnake04.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 155
Naahhh, you'd enjoy it a tit too much Dinkshooter. hump However, if this post were in the Survival forum . . ;)

Dang that is a huge rattler. I ran into one last year in Eastern OR while deer hunting. I must have set some kind of high jump record.;) Oh and by the way Spitz, I think the correct terminology is "titty".:D :D

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fossil Ridge
Back