Texas hog shoot-out

Way to go! A lot of people here mix the hog and deer meat 50-50 or near that for link sausage.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've been thinking about that. The sika deer meat is RED, like beet red. Might make for an interesting combo in sausage.

It was a good time! Need to shoot about 50 more hogs!

Good to see you here! :D I'm willing and able if invited back. Next time we'll eat dinner then clean pigs instead of 'starving you out'...

PS- The Pineapple Upside Down drinks have been a hit in the neighborhood. I like how they sneak up on the ladies... :cool:

Last edited:
Looks like an awesome time. I have a trip planned for October and I am thinking hard on adding a doe. How did the Sitka taste? I am leaning toward the axis but open to ideas. And ya can't wait to try out the new 50 on some hogs.

Still haven't eaten any Sika, but will try some soon. From what I've heard from many, Axis ranks real high on the taste's good chart. I hope to get one next time as I'd like a hide tanned.

that sure looks like texas hill country. im looking for a good place to hog hunt there. looks like you had a ton of fun!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back