Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Tennessee public lands transfer resolution

Jwill

Looks like TN has joined the asshat parade... The TN House just passed HJR0092 which "Expresses support for the federal transfer of public lands to the western states and urges Congress to coordinate the transfer of title to the western states." More here: https://legiscan.com/TN/bill/HJR0092/2015

Very timely article from Hatch Mag: http://www.hatchmag.com/articles/open-letter-americas-anglers

So, that said these are the window licking morons that co-sponsored the resolution, which likely was written in it's entirety by the intellectually bankrupt crew in Utah that has been peddling this crap throughout the country this legislative season.
Rep. Andy Holt [R]
Rep. Bud Hulsey [R]
Rep. Gregory Terry [R]
Rep. Kent Calfee [R]
Rep. Terri Lynn Weaver [R]
Rep. Billy Spivey [R]
Rep. Debra Moody [R]
Rep. Dennis Powers [R]
Rep. Jimmy Matlock [R]
Rep. James Van Huss [R]
Rep. Judd Matheny [R]
Rep. John DeBerry [D]
Rep. Rick Womick [R]

And here are their emails so you can tell them (respectfully) how stupid this idea is. There were sixty-something that voted yea on it, but I don't have time to look up all those emails...

[email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

You'd think Tennessee folks would want their land out west to remain their land out west. :confused:

Wonder why they didn't ask to have the federal land in TN transferred to the state? Just land in the western states, but not the federal land in their own state.

Patrick

Wonder why they didn't ask to have the federal land in TN transferred to the state? Just land in the western states, but not the federal land in their own state.

Patrick
Supply and Demand? Their public land would become more valuable both intrinsically and financially if there wasn't more elsewhere.:eek:

This fight is only going to intensify. Politicians who support stealing your land won't stop.

We can't stop fighting either.

I'm guessing that many politicians back east assume that most everyone in the west support transfer. There is a lot of money pushing that notion politically.

I wonder whats really going on with the republican party and this major fetish they have acquired about this land transfer.

I consider myself a conservative. When I vote, I have 3 core values that I vote on. I never would have imagined that losing public lands would now be my number ONE core value. I can't honestly vote for any republican that thinks that transferring federal lands to states or private entities/individuals is a good idea and especially any politician that actively pursues it.

I wonder whats really going on with the republican party and this major fetish they have acquired about this land transfer.

I consider myself a conservative. When I vote, I have 3 core values that I vote on. I never would have imagined that losing public lands would now be my number ONE core value. I can't honestly vote for any republican that thinks that transferring federal lands to states or private entities/individuals is a good idea and especially any politician that actively pursues it.

I have a two-issue litmus test that keeps me from voting for pretty much anyone except me, and I don't think I'm electable because of it, so . . . I'm pretty much :hump:

:D

I am pretty much in the same boat. I wish there were a way to see through the smoke and mirrors used to distract voters and determine who is using the land transfer issue as a way to gain support for what they view as their base and who is no kidding going to try to transfer federal land to the states.

One of these years I won't have to hold my nose and vote for the lesser of two evils - unfortunately it will probably be the year I decide to not vote.

Patrick

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back