Caribou Gear

Tell me about running Jet boats in Montana

I wanted to bump this to the top to see if anyone has anything else to say about using surface drive motors on the rivers here in MT. I’m familiar with guys running them in the swamps down south.

@Doublecluck did you ever end up getting a jet boat?

Im located in Montana as well and looking to get a jet boat for the same rivers. I recently came across a 1860 G3 with a 65/90 jet that I’m checking out this weekend. Apparently it has very few hours on it. Has anyone used a similar set up here in Montana ?

Im located in Montana as well and looking to get a jet boat for the same rivers. I recently came across a 1860 G3 with a 65/90 jet that I’m checking out this weekend. Apparently it has very few hours on it. Has anyone used a similar set up here in Montana ?
It would be a great little river boat. And "nice" weather lake boat. Just don't expect too much out of it. 3 guys and some gear would probably be a reasonable safe load.

I've ran them before they're a nice little boat for running the bighorn, stone, Missouri. Not a great big water boat but they definitely can do it. I'm thinking about one myself for a more simplistic boat. Good luck.

Such kinds of boats are made for extreme people. It would help if you were good at driving a boat because it is hard to operate a small boat on a river at high speed. In my opinion, this is too risky. I like yachts more. I started to love them after organizing a party on a yacht in Miami. Now my dream is to buy a yacht once. We rented a yacht from vistayachts.com, invited some girls, and had a lot of alcohol. I dream of having a similar yacht and organizing such parties more often. I would travel a lot on it.

Last edited:
Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back