Technology rant

If some one introduced a line of equipment with zero electronics other than lights they would put the other manufactures out of business in less than a year.
Nothing will piss a guy off more than spend hours playing phone tag with a mechanic, wait two days for him to get into the field so he can hook up a computer just to figure out it is a faulty emissions sensor. That is until you get the 500 dollar if you are lucky bill in the mail. :mad:
You’re talking about Fitzgerald glider kits?
Don’t worry, the university and the government will come in a shut the down.
If I could go back to 2015 I’d take a loan from the mob to buy one of them.

To start this off I’m 33 going on 99. Technology just doesn’t work for me, I’m not blaming it, I just don’t understand. I was on a website today and it’s taken me 3 hours and 4 different password changes to get myself back into the exact spot I started in, now I have temporary passwords that don’t work for 3 of the 4 sites, the one that does tells me I need to log into the other ones to go further.
You should have seen my poor wife trying to help me get into Gmail the other day.

Tech bad = return to monke

Do we have any tech jobs that actually produce anything or are you all there to just make up nonsense and spend countless hours running people around in a circle?

I have a 1968 John Deere 4020 that starts every time, if not I know how to fix it, I have a rented 2021 Volvo hoe that takes a computer and a mountain of passwords to apparently make go. Let’s see, turn a key, or spend 3 days talking to people who wouldn’t know a hydraulic line from a catheter telling me I don’t know how to log into an account to log into another account to talk to several people that don’t know anything other than to put me back where I started because it’s obviously me that’s the problem.

For you old guys and mechanical guys they’re pushing us out an replacing us with “I’ll plug in and debug the sensor” guys. Then as soon as they leave you’ll need 3 weeks worth of software updates. ITS A ****ing excavator! There shouldn’t be anything soft about it!
Well, I'm not sure. I research new statistical methods for generating improved estimates of forest attributes for subpopulations spanning small geographies and short time intervals using remote sensing and strategic forest inventory data. Applications for high techy stuff like drones and new satellite sensors and cloud computing platforms abound. At the end of the day maybe they're just numbers. But maybe, and as I believe, these methods enable better allocation of limited resources for multi-objective forest management, better policy, etc., and ultimately better understanding of forest ecosystems and a better world.

However, the coolest things to me aren't survey grade HPGNSS devices or 100 acre AWS server stacks, but my rebuilt east German 044 mag whose most complex feature is its air intake, and my 10 yr old Tikka .300 wm and $200 scope, which isn't exactly a musket, but definitely isn't an earth facing satellite-borne defense system. And stiff skis.

Well, I'm not sure. I research new statistical methods for generating improved estimates of forest attributes for subpopulations spanning small geographies and short time intervals using remote sensing and strategic forest inventory data. Applications for high techy stuff like drones and new satellite sensors and cloud computing platforms abound. At the end of the day maybe they're just numbers. But maybe, and as I believe, these methods enable better allocation of limited resources for multi-objective forest management, better policy, etc., and ultimately better understanding of forest ecosystems and a better world.

However, the coolest things to me aren't survey grade HPGNSS devices or 100 acre AWS server stacks, but my rebuilt east German 044 mag whose most complex feature is its air intake, and my 10 yr old Tikka .300 wm and $200 scope, which isn't exactly a musket, but definitely isn't an earth facing satellite-borne defense system. And stiff skis.
BC351B6F-E468-4C88-BC6D-0C90A54AE24E.gif

I’m not saying technology is bad, I’m just not sure we’re harnessing it in the correct way. Instead of using it to benefit humanity, we’re using it to idiotproof things and in doing so making it harder for anyone who thinks to run systems designed for idiots. I’m not saying I’m really smart, but when I see a problem but can’t solve it because of a technological roadblock I think we’re defeating the purpose.

Let's talk membership dues
Gotta create a username that’s in Russian, and a password using 67 letters 15 numbers, and 9 Chinese symbols. We’ll send you a 679 digit code if you forget your password, then have a staff of customer service reps who got fired from the dmv for laziness and rudeness to help you through. We’ll be on the NASDAQ by 2025.

Gotta create a username that’s in Russian, and a password using 67 letters 15 numbers, and 9 Chinese symbols. We’ll send you a 679 digit code if you forget your password, then have a staff of customer service reps who got fired from the dmv for laziness and rudeness to help you through. We’ll be on the NASDAQ by 2025.
How do I spell HOTBOI69 in russian

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back