Technology rant

How do you feel about pick up trucks automatically sensing trailers and setting the brakes for you?

Everytime they change things up its a new game. This recent reconfiguration is growing on me.
I'm guessing you have had plenty of practice in the last year, hope that tapers off.
It has saved me hundreds of miles, so I don't go ask WTF. I still won't use my cell to use it tho...lol

How do you feel about pick up trucks automatically sensing trailers and setting the brakes for you?

Wife's car automatically breaking for cars ahead of us that I'm about to pass. It's always a pleasant road trip.

Plugging things in has its place with the new equipment but it drives me nuts though when you call up and say something like x celenoid is bad (because it happens on a regular basis and you know exactly how to diagnose it) well have to send out a tech with a laptop to check it out. There's a reason those 4020's are so sought after. Best all around tractor ever made.
It’s a damn shame that a 1994 cabover is more dependable than a 2024 fill in the blank.
I desperately want to update so I can have some creature comforts like air ride and dependable a/c, but have you seen the price of a new W9?
$225,000+.
Everyone talks about covid inflation on pickups.
My old man custom ordered a 389 Pete in 2014 for $152,000.
Again, that’s a $225,000 truck today.
Absolutely insane.
Ps that 2014 had to be overhauled at 115,000mi under warranty 😡

It’s a damn shame that a 1994 cabover is more dependable than a 2024 fill in the blank.
I desperately want to update so I can have some creature comforts like air ride and dependable a/c, but have you seen the price of a new W9?
$225,000+.
Everyone talks about covid inflation on pickups.
My old man custom ordered a 389 Pete in 2014 for $152,000.
Again, that’s a $225,000 truck today.
Absolutely insane.
Ps that 2014 had to be overhauled at 115,000mi under warranty 😡
Our lowboy truck hasn't moved since Nov. 2015 T880. Bad ecm, can't get one anywhere in the US. Thousands on it still nothing that thing is a piece of shit. My boss is going to replace it with an 07 or older truck...if he can find one.

Our lowboy truck hasn't moved since Nov. 2015 T880. Bad ecm, can't get one anywhere in the US. Thousands on it still nothing that thing is a piece of shit. My boss is going to replace it with an 07 or older truck...if he can find one.
Just get a pre 06 3406 and go. I know a guy that has a 120’x90’ shed full of them but he won’t sell a 1.

To start this off I’m 33 going on 99. Technology just doesn’t work for me, I’m not blaming it, I just don’t understand. I was on a website today and it’s taken me 3 hours and 4 different password changes to get myself back into the exact spot I started in, now I have temporary passwords that don’t work for 3 of the 4 sites, the one that does tells me I need to log into the other ones to go further.

Even though I’m too young to miss the fax machine days I really wanna sit on a copier and send a picture of my ass to every single person I’ve talked to today over fax. Im sure that’s not possible without a temporary password that won’t work.

Im sorry for you tech fellows but I really hope Putin or the chicoms EPM us so I can live in a teepee on the prairie and when the little bastard that laughs at me in the phone because I can’t log into my 145,896th account online (because you need that many) asks me for a bit of coyote bowels to eat so I can tell him to figure out the password to kill a deer.

View attachment 265882
You sir, need a password manager.

You gotta use numbers and crap, can’t use the same one once you’ve used it, then they send you some random code to log in that won’t work. It’s very convenient
Stocker...I gotta say...I feel rather relieved to hear of your struggles.😆
No offense intended, of course.

I'll be the shaggy, but friendly, dude under the bridge when you arrive.

I know so many good heavy equipment mechanics it’s unreal, now we get snot nosed kids plugging crap into a computer. Like I said, it pisses me off because I don’t understand it.
If some one introduced a line of equipment with zero electronics other than lights they would put the other manufactures out of business in less than a year.
Nothing will piss a guy off more than spend hours playing phone tag with a mechanic, wait two days for him to get into the field so he can hook up a computer just to figure out it is a faulty emissions sensor. That is until you get the 500 dollar if you are lucky bill in the mail. :mad:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back