Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Technology rant

To start this off I’m 33 going on 99. Technology just doesn’t work for me, I’m not blaming it, I just don’t understand. I was on a website today and it’s taken me 3 hours and 4 different password changes to get myself back into the exact spot I started in, now I have temporary passwords that don’t work for 3 of the 4 sites, the one that does tells me I need to log into the other ones to go further.

Even though I’m too young to miss the fax machine days I really wanna sit on a copier and send a picture of my ass to every single person I’ve talked to today over fax. Im sure that’s not possible without a temporary password that won’t work.

Im sorry for you tech fellows but I really hope Putin or the chicoms EPM us so I can live in a teepee on the prairie and when the little bastard that laughs at me in the phone because I can’t log into my 145,896th account online (because you need that many) asks me for a bit of coyote bowels to eat so I can tell him to figure out the password to kill a deer.

View attachment 265882
Hell, I don't even have a cell phone !!!

Been happy with my '22 Nissan Frontier.
BUT....the drivers door locks independently and randomly no matter where the keyless sensor is. Yep, open one of the other doors to climb over to manually open the friggin drivers door.
Choice words.
Hooking up trailers sucks. Backing up trailers sucks, especially my small boat down a ramp....have to disengage the sensor everytime I go from forward to reverse. Truck gets pissy when I tape over the camera.🤣
Buy AMERICAN, just saying.

I can only imagine what phone sex w/ Ontario is like…I’m hovering over the paper bag, the glow from my campfire is dancing through the night sky, o yea, there it is! I’m stoking the fire, move a little closer, baby, breath deeply
Good news now with technology and cellular telephones, he can do that with zero problems!

Another handy thing. I have an iPhone 10 or max or something like that, just did an update and it works about as good as a brick, now I have less reception in spots than my dad had when he had a bag phone in the truck. Time to go back to a flipper, I always had service with them, I just went to iPhones in 2018, had flippers before that and got made fun of, I care even less now.

To start this off I’m 33 going on 99. Technology just doesn’t work for me, I’m not blaming it, I just don’t understand. I was on a website today and it’s taken me 3 hours and 4 different password changes to get myself back into the exact spot I started in, now I have temporary passwords that don’t work for 3 of the 4 sites, the one that does tells me I need to log into the other ones to go further.

Even though I’m too young to miss the fax machine days I really wanna sit on a copier and send a picture of my ass to every single person I’ve talked to today over fax. Im sure that’s not possible without a temporary password that won’t work.

Im sorry for you tech fellows but I really hope Putin or the chicoms EPM us so I can live in a teepee on the prairie and when the little bastard that laughs at me in the phone because I can’t log into my 145,896th account online (because you need that many) asks me for a bit of coyote bowels to eat so I can tell him to figure out the password to kill a deer.

View attachment 265882
So you’re one of my problem children…

1677244029490.gif

I worked in the power industry to finish out my career. Years ago due to NERC wanting to enhance “grid reliability” we were told we had to change our passwords quarterly on our desktops. The prompt was to be three random letters followed by four random numbers. About six months in our IT guys were going office to office making sure we were in compliance.

My conversation with “Gary” went something like this;
Gary- I need you to log onto your computer for me.
Me- Busy, you can do it, password is MAR2017.
Gary- Ok but you know you’re really not supposed to tell me that. And MAR, is that short for Marv? You really shouldn’t be so obvious.
Me- Nah it’s short for March and 2017 is this year. I hate remembering random shit, this way it’s easy. My next password will be JUN2017. Pretty slick eh?
Gary- Blank stare, eye roll, and mutters well at least it’s not on your screen on a post-it note.
Me- Yeah those things fall off, points to wall, it’s right there on my calendar…

@Stocker I feel ya buddy!

When I was working, I had 5 different official government sites I had to log into with a password. They all had to be different and had to be 12 characters with at least 1 cap letter, 1 lower case letter, 1 number and 1 special character and some of the special characters on the keyboard couldn't be used. I had to change the passwords on each site every two months and couldn't use a password I had used before.

I had a large sheet of paper tacked to my cubicle wall right over my computer with all my passwords and previous passwords written on it. If they couldn't come up with a better system than that, screw 'em.

China was able to hack in and steal all the personal information on every federal employee anyway and didn't even have to use a password.

I worked in the power industry to finish out my career. Years ago due to NERC wanting to enhance “grid reliability” we were told we had to change our passwords quarterly on our desktops. The prompt was to be three random letters followed by four random numbers. About six months in our IT guys were going office to office making sure we were in compliance.

My conversation with “Gary” went something like this;
Gary- I need you to log onto your computer for me.
Me- Busy, you can do it, password is MAR2017.
Gary- Ok but you know you’re really not supposed to tell me that. And MAR, is that short for Marv? You really shouldn’t be so obvious.
Me- Nah it’s short for March and 2017 is this year. I hate remembering random shit, this way it’s easy. My next password will be JUN2017. Pretty slick eh?
Gary- Blank stare, eye roll, and mutters well at least it’s not on your screen on a post-it note.
Me- Yeah those things fall off, points to wall, it’s right there on my calendar…

@Stocker I feel ya buddy!
Might want to consider a password manager...

I just had to sign in and get a dual factor verification sent to my phone so I could log in and approve an expense report.

That and the various sites that you don't even have any personal or credit card information that make you have a 12+ character password with about 5 different characters just so you can check a report are the ones that kill me.

i'm realizing more and more that modern-day "improvements" to everyday technology are rarely actually improvements.

take the move from analog to digital for TV antenna reception. used to be you could pick up a bunch of channels and if they were a bit fuzzy, no biggie, you could still watch/hear them OK, maybe tweak the antenna a bit to make it clearer. now it's all-or-nothing with the switch to digital. i have like 6 sets of thumbtacks in the wall that I have to move my antenna to depending what channel i want to watch and even then, some days they don't come in at all. blank blue screen. why the hell did they switch to that?
Might want to consider a password manager...
all well and good until your password manager suddenly deletes all your passwords (thanks Apple) or makes you re-log-in and you forgot the password to the password manager.

I’ve spent four hours in the last two weeks working with out IT department on the same issue. The firewall or some thing keeps blocking internet access on a computer that was registered to a user who retired last year. I’ve filed help tickets and explained how the internet is being blocked and I don’t have internet. Every person that has messaged me to help has said the same thing. “Let me know a time that works so I can get into it remotely and figure out the problem.” My schedule would absolutely allow that IF we could get the internet to work for you to do that…. Then they ask me how I’m typing the message to them if the internet isn’t working. I explain that my computer works just fine on the same wireless and wired connections however when I plug the other computer into the same connections or use wireless, it gets blocked.

I’m no computer whiz but I am struggling with this. I’m tempted to take it to the highest point in our facility, drop it and send them the pieces and they’ll replace the computer with one that might work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back