Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Technology rant

Stocker

To start this off I’m 33 going on 99. Technology just doesn’t work for me, I’m not blaming it, I just don’t understand. I was on a website today and it’s taken me 3 hours and 4 different password changes to get myself back into the exact spot I started in, now I have temporary passwords that don’t work for 3 of the 4 sites, the one that does tells me I need to log into the other ones to go further.

Even though I’m too young to miss the fax machine days I really wanna sit on a copier and send a picture of my ass to every single person I’ve talked to today over fax. Im sure that’s not possible without a temporary password that won’t work.

Im sorry for you tech fellows but I really hope Putin or the chicoms EPM us so I can live in a teepee on the prairie and when the little bastard that laughs at me in the phone because I can’t log into my 145,896th account online (because you need that many) asks me for a bit of coyote bowels to eat so I can tell him to figure out the password to kill a deer.

E1E0897E-8BC5-4862-B0BD-800DFC01EEF7.gif

To start this off I’m 33 going on 99. Technology just doesn’t work for me, I’m not blaming it, I just don’t understand. I was on a website today and it’s taken me 3 hours and 4 different password changes to get myself back into the exact spot I started in, now I have temporary passwords that don’t work for 3 of the 4 sites, the one that does tells me I need to log into the other ones to go further.

Even though I’m too young to miss the fax machine days I really wanna sit on a copier and send a picture of my ass to every single person I’ve talked to today over fax. Im sure that’s not possible without a temporary password that won’t work.

Im sorry for you tech fellows but I really hope Putin or the chicoms EPM us so I can live in a teepee on the prairie and when the little bastard that laughs at me in the phone because I can’t log into my 145,896th account online (because you need that many) asks me for a bit of coyote bowels to eat so I can tell him to figure out the password to kill a deer.

View attachment 265882

I'm 33, work on a computer almost every day, and nothing in your post is incorrect.

Spent the morning shuffling through letters from the health insurance company trying to find an access code to log into their new website to pay my premium.
Couldn’t find it, called, got them to text me the code, logged in and can’t find any tab or link anywhere to make the payment.
Ended up just paying by phone 🤷‍♂️

Do we have any tech jobs that actually produce anything or are you all there to just make up nonsense and spend countless hours running people around in a circle?

I have a 1968 John Deere 4020 that starts every time, if not I know how to fix it, I have a rented 2021 Volvo hoe that takes a computer and a mountain of passwords to apparently make go. Let’s see, turn a key, or spend 3 days talking to people who wouldn’t know a hydraulic line from a catheter telling me I don’t know how to log into an account to log into another account to talk to several people that don’t know anything other than to put me back where I started because it’s obviously me that’s the problem.

For you old guys and mechanical guys they’re pushing us out an replacing us with “I’ll plug in and debug the sensor” guys. Then as soon as they leave you’ll need 3 weeks worth of software updates. ITS A ****ing excavator! There shouldn’t be anything soft about it!

I fully agree with this as a 39 year old that has to work with a bunch of different software and platforms each day…. YOU KIDS GET OFF MY DAMN LAWN!!!!

Do we have any tech jobs that actually produce anything or are you all there to just make up nonsense and spend countless hours running people around in a circle?

I have a 1968 John Deere 4020 that starts every time, if not I know how to fix it, I have a rented 2021 Volvo hoe that takes a computer and a mountain of passwords to apparently make go. Let’s see, turn a key, or spend 3 days talking to people who wouldn’t know a hydraulic line from a catheter telling me I don’t know how to log into an account to log into another account to talk to several people that don’t know anything other than to put me back where I started because it’s obviously me that’s the problem.

For you old guys and mechanical guys they’re pushing us out an replacing us with “I’ll plug in and debug the sensor” guys. Then as soon as they leave you’ll need 3 weeks worth of software updates. ITS A ****ing excavator! There shouldn’t be anything soft about it!
Plugging things in has its place with the new equipment but it drives me nuts though when you call up and say something like x celenoid is bad (because it happens on a regular basis and you know exactly how to diagnose it) well have to send out a tech with a laptop to check it out. There's a reason those 4020's are so sought after. Best all around tractor ever made.

....and then I moved to remote NM and they still are trying to get to me.
I just piss where I want now.
The phone rarely works but does on occation or I woulda pissed on it long ago.
It dropped my 911 call 7 yrs ago....

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back