Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Technology rant

I used to get worked up about the IT issues I had. Now I just sit back and take a break and let them waste the company's money. If that's what the company wants to do, then let them do it.

It took them a week to fix my CAD on my machine. Oh well.

I like it when I attempt to log onto a website but when I type my password it tells me it is the wrong password. I check my cap lock and try it again. It tells me it is the wrong password. So, I click "forgot password" I get a text or e-mail with a code that allows me onto a page where I can change my password. I put in the same password they told me was incorrect and I get a message saying that the new password must be different than the original password.

Or, better yet I forget my password and get sent to a page where I can change my password, but the first entry I have to make is my "old password." The one I forgot.

I filled out a form for a state agency a while back. I recently got a message from them saying the e-mail address I put on the form was not a valid address and that I needed to provide a valid e-mail. I got that message via e-mail.

Had a couple things happen. Received an email from a customer, it said "one last statement". I was working for him and billing him so I would be the one sending statements, must have been a brain fart. Clicked on the PDF and it asked me to log in with my email and enter password, did that and then realized I never had to do that to open a PDF, deleted.

Afterwards, got an email from another builder, contained a lien waiver. They are local so I printed the waiver, signed and stopped at their office.
The office manager left me a printout of a email she received.
It was from my business email, all spelt correctly.

Hello Sue,
Ill prefer you wire out the payment for the (project) to the below bank details, please let me know when this is done.

Acct #
Routing #
Acct Name
Bank Name

It was then signed by me.

Called the bank listed, didn't care.

Apparently, they make good money at this, Basterds

I’ve weeded out those who can live in my cave community and those who can’t.

If you found this helpful press 1.

If not press 8 followed by 5 back slashes, 9 commas, 18 asterisks, four plus signs, and the # key, repeat 8 times then be sure to leave a review. Your call is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback………asshole.

I’ve weeded out those who can live in my cave community and those who can’t.

If you found this helpful press 1.

If not press 8 followed by 5 back slashes, 9 commas, 18 asterisks, four plus signs, and the # key, repeat 8 times then be sure to leave a review. Your call is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback………asshole.
I'll bring the whiskey.

Bring the recipe too, I feel like we may have some stories to share around the fire…… every night. 🤣
We’ll show them you don’t need a password to grow corn, we’ll make our own sugar from the maple trees and the girls we rescue from the strip club in Vegas will provide the……. Well….🤢 “that’s what they’re here for honey I swear!”

So I guess me making lite of the IT world just bite me in the proverbial Azzzzz about fifteen minutes ago. Was logging in to TreasuryDirect to change the beneficiary in an I-Bond when I guess I misspelled the “secret question.” Of course google saved it (the wrong one) and two misfires later I’m locked out of my account.

Hit the “contact us” and blasted off an email. Almost IMMEDIATELY got an answer back that “due to high volumes” I can kiss their email ass and need to call them. Punched in the 800 number…”thank you for calling, your average wait time is 96 minutes!” FUGGGGGG! It’s like trying to get a elk tag in Idaho!

I just took one of Hiltons IT guys from the airport to his hotel, he got a chuckle from my rendition of the hunt talk technology thread.

Our lowboy truck hasn't moved since Nov. 2015 T880. Bad ecm, can't get one anywhere in the US. Thousands on it still nothing that thing is a piece of shit. My boss is going to replace it with an 07 or older truck...if he can find one.
Good luck finding one.
Called on a 2015 w9 glider with a 60 series in it this morning.
It’s got 620,000mi on it and they’re asking $150,000 😂 😂 😂
It was only $115,000-$130,000 when it was new in 2015.
The world is totally f’d.

Good luck finding one.
Called on a 2015 w9 glider with a 60 series in it this morning.
It’s got 620,000mi on it and they’re asking $150,000 😂 😂 😂
It was only $115,000-$130,000 when it was new in 2015.
The world is totally f’d.
*never been overhauled.
I bet that thing’s burning oil like an mf about to blow to pieces. 😂

Yah there was an 07 379 here locally absolutely mint. New motor, fresh clutch and tires parked inside every night. $92k he should of jumped on that. Lasted about an hour.

So I guess me making lite of the IT world just bite me in the proverbial Azzzzz about fifteen minutes ago. Was logging in to TreasuryDirect to change the beneficiary in an I-Bond when I guess I misspelled the “secret question.” Of course google saved it (the wrong one) and two misfires later I’m locked out of my account.

Hit the “contact us” and blasted off an email. Almost IMMEDIATELY got an answer back that “due to high volumes” I can kiss their email ass and need to call them. Punched in the 800 number…”thank you for calling, your average wait time is 96 minutes!” FUGGGGGG! It’s like trying to get a elk tag in Idaho!
I tried to use my ex's name for my internet banking password. The site said "bitch" wouldn't work. Yeah, she was lazy alright. I guess some IT guy at the bank must know her well. Most of the guys in town did.

Wow didn't know how lucky I was. I don't carry a phone, wear a watch, most days I don't know what day it is, use a GPS. My beautiful wife does all the paperwork stuff, I have no idea how much money we have. I can still buy a bottle of RnR when I want.
I have a 79 El Camino, 76 F-250 highboy. Bunch of snogos old carburated fan cooled. Wheelers are the same, 93 Suzuki with 8000 miles. My swamp buggy is a late 50s GMC 4x4. 59 case backhoe. 96 riding lawn mower for my beautiful wife. Heck her n our daughter bought me a 66 fiberglass lake boat with an ol ol 35 merc on it just restored so I could take the kids out fishing. And look cool doing it
I'm ol school n never got the electronics age. And blessed to have folks around me that can.

Had one of those Amazon accounts and worked great. Then they aded something new to the thing to make it safer for me. Everything I tried to buy after that got rejected. Spent a bunch of time finding a phone number and finally got them on the phone. I was told I had to have that number to get anything. Had no idea what it was, they had no idea what it was and they couldn't tell me where to find it, no more Amazom.

Used Chewy for dog food and biscuits for quite a while, happy as could be with it. Then they too improved their access to make it safer for me, talked to them on the phone and decided it was better I ust go to town for my dog food again. Seem's like the deal of the day for internet companys is find ways to make if more difficult for thei customer's to get their products. Only trouble I've had with on line ordering is with the company's I try ordering from that want to give me a safer system for my own good!

Yah there was an 07 379 here locally absolutely mint. New motor, fresh clutch and tires parked inside every night. $92k he should of jumped on that. Lasted about an hour.
this emissions/elog embargo's got us living like a bunch of cubans on that tv show "yank tanks' we watched in introduction to Latin American cultures at community college.
What a country!

We have a 3rd party IT provider. They do IT for a large portion of county government in Iowa. The company had a social at the conference I was at this week, free booze, food, the whole works. I fully expect to be locked out of my computer and have to call them on Monday morning. Prompting a service charge so they can afford their social they hosted.

Haven't read the intervening 7 pages, and don't know the particulars of OP's complaint, but if someone gets a "you need to reset your password" email or text and then click on the associated link and tries to change their password, but then still can't get into their account there is a chance you have been "phished". The email/text was fake and sent you to a look-alike webpage that had you enter your current new password, and a new password. It ignored your new password, but used your current password to log into your real account and change the password to one of their liking and you are now locked out of your own account. If you used a link to get to a password reset, be very careful that it is the actual site and not a clever scam.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back